Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Ups and Downs of Husband`s Mental Illness

Hello @eth , @Maggie , @Former-Member  , @Appleblossom , @Former-Member , @Adge 

Thank you for your messages @Owlunar , @outlander  xxxx

Today Mr shaz had his results and the doctor decided to freeze the spots instead of cutting them out 

With mum she I'd ups and downs with dementia

And me  I have soo much going on , I really don't need something   else but I am going back to the doctors

Hello @Maggie , @Smc 

I ammmm feeling soo tired at the moment xoxo 

Hi @Shaz51 I hope your Dr's visit turns out okay.

I understand that you wouldn't want to go to the Dr again.

I haven't found a new GP, since mine left in March.

I still have stitches (from my March major surgery) sticking out through tummy.

Locum Dr didn't examine, when I saw him months ago - he just left it like that.

Adge

@Adge, that sounds like outright neglect. 😞 Any way you can get that seen to?

Any way you can get that seen to? i agree @Adge xxx

my mum`s strichers were taken out after16 days @Smc which the skin was growing over them xx

Hi @Smc @Shaz51 Yes it was neglectful - I saw the Locum Dr specifically for that purpose.

He said he couldn't see the stitches sticking out (through skin), so he said it must be 2 pimples (& left it at that).

The internal stitches are hard, like thick fishing line (sticking straight out).

I don't see how anyone (especially a Dr) could fail to recognise them for what they are.

As far as I know all the internal stitches were supposed to be dissolvable - yet they never dissolved.

There were supposedly no removable (non-dissolving) stitches - because you would have to open my tummy up, to get them out.

Yes, I will probably have to chase it up with someone (even though I still don't have a new GP).

I was hoping that they would do what they were supposed to do (dissolve) - yet over 7 months, they have not.

Adge

@Adge 

I would ring your surgeon's office and check what to do. They can tell you if you need to go in for a visit or whether you can safely tweeze the loose end out. Mr Darcy had some loose ends of stitches coming out of one of his surgical wounds. 

Hi @Shaz51  sorry you are feeling tired today - make sure you rest a bit more or a bit longer if you can in the next few days to recharge a bit - maybe an afternoon nap if you can sometime ??? Or even a power nap - last week I had a nap in the car while waiting for MsS to finish an appt - only made th me world of difference 

good night @Sophie1 , @Former-Member , @Adge , @Smc , @eth , @Former-Member , @outlander , @Faith-and-Hope , @Determined , @greenpea , @Owlunar 

feeling soo yukky in the stomach anf my blood sugar is up a litle , dont know why

but very tired xox

Sleep well @Shaz51... hope the blood sugar settles overnight.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance