Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

LonelyExistance
Senior Contributor

Unsubscribing

I'm unsubscribing guys. I love this site, but the constant alerts from here day and night are driving me nuts. I checked out changing the notifications, and found out, like other things in this site, it can't be changed from the mobile site. Even when I tried unsubscribing I got the msg that the page is unavailable.
I've sent feedback about it to let them know. Now unfortunately I'm just going to have to block this site to stop all of the alerts.
6 REPLIES 6
Former-Member
Not applicable

Re: Unsubscribing

Sorry to hear that @LonelyExistance
It is very overwhelming with the notifications, its something that i had trouble dealing with, but was able to change it... hard that you cant on a mobile. However things might change regarding that aspect of the forums... I hope that maybe @NikNik or @CherryBomb may be able to email you when/if that changes.
Take care

Hi @LonelyExistance,

I could have a look if I can change it on my end if you like? 

Would you like me to change so you only get notifications when people mention you, and not from every thread that you have written in? I can also potentially stop all notifications.

Let me know, and I'll see if I can change it for you. 

Cheers,

CherryBomb

Hi @LonelyExistance

I have dropped you an email. Hopefully we can help you out with the subscriptions.

Nik

Thx Nik. I don't think it'll help. Since I posted that I've blocked this site, still get alerts, I even ended up managing to get to the desktop site and deleted all subscriptions. I even chose not to check the box allowing even more alerts if anyone replied. And yet I'm still getting more alerts lol Well if I'm ever able to stop the alerts I'll know better next time Even as I'm typing this more alerts are coming through

Hi @LonelyExistance - I hope you don't this notification LOL.
I just went into your profile and ticked the box that says 'Do not send me any community emails'
Hopefully that does the job.

@LonelyExistance, On my phone I have gone into settings and made it that it only viribrates with no sound when I get a notification. If it is a smart phone you should be able to set it up that there is no alert for emails.

hope this helps.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance