Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Honeygrumbles
New Contributor

Reluctant Newie

So it has taken me a good couple of weeks coming to this forum to pluck up the corage to finally post something.

I have recently been diagnoised with PND but am starting to think there may be more to my depression and anxiety than just having had a baby.

I'm very new to all this and am stuggling in dealing with it all, it's becoming notably harder for my husband and I feel like i'm being the crappiest mum to all 4 of my children.

I'm struggling with my weight and motivation as well and it all just seems like a vicious circle that I cannot get out of.

Thanks for reading

HG

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Reluctant Newie

i feel for you @Honeygrumbles I had post natal twice. I found just making a cup of coffee hard. No Joke. when i reached out for help things did get better and yes it did feel strange. Don't beat yourself up about this or anything I can tell you are doing the best you can. Vent and cry. And feel free to post here whenever you want, thank you for sharing. Hope you feel better soon.  

Former-Member
Not applicable

Re: Reluctant Newie

Hi HG and welcome. Congrats on getting the courage up to join in. I've only been here for about 2 weeks so new-ish too. Congratulations also on your new baby also, although I can see this time is probably not as happy as it you'd maybe like it to be. I have 3 little people and can't imagine how much more work 4 would be, so taking my hat off to you there. Vicious circles are hard to break but it's great that you're able to recognise what's happening for you so you can start to work through it.

Hope your time here is helpful for you. There are lots of people with different experiences to talk to as well as plenty of other conversations to look through and join in depending on what you're interested in 🙂
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance