Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

DoinOk
Casual Contributor

Really confused

Hi

My GP mentioned to me last night about my treatment for Bipolar for which we have a family history. Until now I thought my issues were BPD. On a professional level I function really well but as soon as I leave to go home the black dog comes barking.
3 REPLIES 3

Re: Really confused

Hello @DoinOk

It seems like you are a bit confused about your diagnosis, is your doctor a GP or a Psychologist/Psychiatrist? You might want to think about getting a second opinion, as it is helpful for you to know more about your symptoms and working through triggers and coping strategies, it sounds like leaving to go home is one of those triggers?

That all sounds really hard as that is something that I am assuming happens quite often?

Lunar

Thanks. I do think I may be should reassess my diagnosis. I certainly show both symptoms but since starting on a good medical regime and changing careers there is light at the end of the tunnel mo matter how faint.

Hello @DoinOk

Yes sometimes a second opinion is helpful, but if there is some light in the end of the tunnel and you have made some big changes to work and medication, that is great. It isn't easy to make those big changes, so well done.

Lunar 🙂

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance