Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

HellonWheels
Senior Contributor

Re:Caring and Feeling Crazy

This is my first time on here
Watching Zumbo and saw an ad for Sane
I just attended a Guardianship Tribunal for my daughter who has a disability. It was a disaster, and I feel crappo tonight. Just so hard to have to go into intimate details with five strangers who are not exactly sympathetic. It's my third appt in three days about her. Yeah, it's too much really...
7 REPLIES 7

Re: Re:Caring and Feeling Crazy

I forgot to say I have bipolar

Hi @HellonWheels, welcome to the Forums.  It's great that you found us.  I hope you don't mind but I moved your thread to the Carers forum so that more people in a similar situation would get an opportunity to read your post.  You're very welcome to keep posting in the Lived Experience forum too - lots of members post across both - but I thought it might be nice for you to meet some Carers.  In the virtual sense 🙂

I feel I have enough contact with Carers

Also Carers are often too busy to respond😟

Fair enough @HellonWheels.  It's no problem to move your thread back Smiley Happy

Hi @HellonWheels. Tribunals are horrible experiences, I don't have experience with the Guardianship Tribunal but have with the mental health tribunal when I was an involuntary patient. It certainly strips away your liberty and, like you said, intimate details are shared with strangers which is very distressing. 

I hope today is a better day for you.

Thankyou
My friend an ex lawyer said I could withdraw the application
I emailed today and it has to be approved apparently
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance