Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Flower88
Senior Contributor

Noticing changes when you have a MI

Hi I have generalised anxiety and have noticed since I have had it people don't seem to want you around or make an effort to come and see u. My life was so great before all happy going out on the town and having fun. Now it's like the carpet has been swept up under my feet, I fear going out into the city the physical symptoms have made it hard to go out anywhere as I'm exhausted and have chronic dizziness. Everyone thinks I'm crazy when I tell them I have a vestibular disorder which I was diagnosed with from an ENT. I have had a friend snap at me and say I'm using my anxiety as an excuse, I'm leaving for my job next week as its too much for me. My colleagues went out for coffee and didn't invite me 😞 Why do people shut u out when it all goes down hill? If I never messaged anyone it feels like I will never hear from them. Maybe I'm just over thinking it all? Thinking I need go and see my phycologist to get some tips 😞 has anyone experienced the same thing?
2 REPLIES 2

Re: Noticing changes when you have a MI

Hi @Flower88

I'm sorry to hear your coworkers made you feel that way. It's not easy.

I sure others will have some advice or their own experience on this. I also think it's great that you're reaching out to your psychologist.

Does anyone else have advice for flower88?

Re: Noticing changes when you have a MI

Hi @Flower88,

Never feel ashamed about your health. It's a shame that you weren't invited out for coffee. People find it hard to ask the more difficult questions. I notice when I talk about mental health in public, people feel uncomfortable. It's a difficult subject for them to grasp. Sometimes I have had to not say anything because I know others are uncomfortable about hearing it. Sometimes people are afraid of asking the question in fear that you will be offended in some way or become upset. Try to find activities that aren't strenuous like meditative exercises. Seeing your psychologist would be a good idea as you will be able to chat about strategies to help you with your health and work. I have found that by working less hours or doing different jobs helps. Also try to do little trips instead of big journeys. For example I go to the library. It's local quiet and I can do lots of things like read a book, write, draw, surf the Internet, or just sit and stare out the window. Friendships can be tricky, some people ask more than others. For example some people don't mind if you only contact them occasionally whilst others crave more immediate attention. As long as you are doing your best that is all anyone should ask of you. People get busy so don't feel to bad if you have to initiate contact.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance