Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Gilgamesh
Senior Contributor

New Job

I can't give specifics on this forum. But a university has hired me to automate research. It is work I've done before and am eager to get back into... I've let the Dean know I'm schizophrenic and they have been lovely about it. Mostly I told them so they don't overwork me... I go psychotic at the drop of a hat.

I've been looking for work for 8 months. Couldn't even get a job as a janitor. Persistence pays off.

4 REPLIES 4
Zoe7
Community Guide

Re: New Job

That's fantastic news for you @Gilgamesh. Well done for persisting and Goodluck 😀

@Zoe7 Thank you I'm very excited about it. Which is overshadowing my usual anxiety. Just have to remember I've proved myself with my work before.

The staff have been truely wonderful. Eager to get me on board. Its nice to be wanted.

Zoe7
Community Guide

@Gilgamesh You would not have been given the job if you were not perfect for it so hold onto that 😀
It will make it so much easier to navigate around the work and your MH when you have so much support in the workplace- that is so wonderful for you x
Former-Member
Not applicable

Envy you for having a supportive workplace which is something I have gave up on finding.Congratulations.

Just look after yourself,and don't let yourself get too stressed or anxious.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance