Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Diva
New Contributor

My life story

I feel as if sometimes no one listen to me iv been through alot n im writing this to help u understand but i also want to understand it myself but dnt know how, well when i was younger i got abused sexually and i let go of it when i was younger but its still haunts me now im growing older and my emotions are running a little wild.

Im trying to help others by helping myself but seems to be not working so i understand i need to help myself first before i help others.

I have problems that i think i should deal with but cant be help i should just let it be but thats my second thought.

What i know i need to do is get my self together cause im all over the place first i need to do is get my lifestyle together n then i can think positive, whats on my mind is really bugging me what should i do ?

3 REPLIES 3

Re: My life story

First time with MI
Former-Member
Not applicable

Hi @Diva,

Welcome to the Forums, and congratulations on your first post! Thanks so much for having the courage to share your story with us. It can be really hard opening up about such a sensitive topic like abuse. I hope that your experience on here can be really positive for you, and maybe other members can help you sort out those tumultuous thoughts and feelings you've been having?

It's pretty common, I think, for people who have been through a lot to want to help others- but as you say, it's hard to do when you really need to focus on yourself first! 

I know that @BlueBay has been posting recently regarding memories of childhood abuse. Maybe she will have some insight into how she got through that initial thought process? You can read some more about her story here.

If you need further support, there's also the Adults Surviving Child Abuse (ASCA) organisation. They have a support line : 1300 657 380. It's open 9am - 5pm AEST Monday - Sunday. 

Welcome to the community @Diva 🙂 It's lovely to "meet" you.

Hi @Diva

It's great that you have come on here and chat with others in similar situtions.  I feel so sorry for you, I really do, I understand how difficult this is for you. I can relate to your story so much, I hope you can get a chance to read my story, it may help you.

I think for me I found a great psychologist and psychiatrist.  They are both supportive, caring and want to help me.  Do you see anyone professional?

It was a complete shock to remember my childhood sexual abuse which happened 30 years ago. I must have blocked it out for all those years and I don't really know why it all came out 6 years ago.

Another good thing to do is writing - write out all your feelings - anger, hate, sadness, etc etc. Write it all out in a journal.  I did that for a few years and still do now.

Hope to chat again @Diva, take care

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance