Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

B45
Senior Contributor

My journey

Hi everyone, I think I've worked out something on my journey.  I know my anxiety trigger is just one issue.  The thoughts around that one issue are frustrating in the regard that one day I can have positive thoughts that yes I can handle this - that may last for a few days.  Then quite quickly I can have negative thoughts about the issue where I think I just want this to be gone so I can live happy and peaceful.  I guess I'm lucky that I've only got one issue that causes my anxiety and not a multitude of issues.  I hope this makes sense, can anyone relate?

5 REPLIES 5

Re: My journey

Yes I can relate @B45.

It makes a huge difference that you have actually been able to isolate the issue, regardless of whether you have different levels of confidence in managing it.  Keep up the reflective work as it helps rather than collapse everything into a maelstrom.

Take care

suzanne
Senior Contributor

Can I ask @B45, is this one trigger something that is likely to change over time?  It's great that you've identified it and have periods of positivity about staying in control.  But is it also something that will resolve with time or something you're going to have to keep working on?

No need to answer if you'd prefer not to.  You just piqued my curiosity Smiley Happy

utopia
Senior Contributor

@B45. I can relate to having one particular issue that pushed me over the edge. Mine was in my workplace. Depression and anxiety and ptsd followed. I got treatment for the PTSD and it has been ssuccessful in stopping my panic attacks.
I have been working on this issue - primarily with my psychologist and am feeling much more positive about a brighter future. Even planning on re entering the workforce this year.
Our depression can bring us down sometimes. 3 steps forward & 1 step back. But we are still ahead of where we were.
It's brilliant that you know your trigger. This iswhere tthings start improving.
Are you working with a therapist? If so, let him/her know of your fears. Learning coping techniques to quiet your negative self talk will help.
Keep fighting and I'm certain that you will overcome these feelings.
B45
Senior Contributor

Thanks @suzanne, the trigger of my anxiety is to do with neighbours.  Learning to live in an area where you feel a little uncomfortable.  I've spent the last 10 months working on it and will have to continue working on it.  Thanks also, @utopia, yes I am seeing  a counsellor who is great and am also currently doing a This Way Up course as well as working through the Headspace app.

utopia
Senior Contributor

@B45. Sounds like you are on the right track. And that you are very pro active. Brilliant.
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance