Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: My Place

ohh hope you feel better soon @Appleblossom 😍

Hello @Dimity , @tonys , @StuF , @Oaktree 

Feel better soon @Appleblossom 

Drink plenty of water.

Meggle

@Oaktree hey Meggle, hope you had a good day. What's new from your garden? I just got home from work. Glad it's done. Hope you will have a nice evening

A bit sort on words and headspace at present @Oaktree so sending you a bucket load of love 💚

Hi @Meowmy 

What’s new in my garden?

Well today there are tiny shoots in my parsnip and brocoletti pot. Personally I think it’s the brocoletti germinating but it’s hard to tell. Very exciting!

It rained for most of the day today so I couldn’t get out into the garden much.

Meggle

Hi @TAB 

It that a new pot-bellied stove - or heater

That will work really well this winter 

Thanks for sharing

Owlunar

Hi @Oaktree 

That's fine - it can take me a while to get around to posting too - I was really tired yesterday - today has been better.

It's great reading about your garden - it sounds fantastic - my daughter's garden always looks fantastic - and I enjoy mine - the bare patch where the bush was cut off is filling up with self-sown violets and oxalis - the oxalis would have upset my mother and perhaps other garden conscious people - I like it though - and I am happy all the rain has started these plants sprouting.

My daughter has her own health issues - she has chronic pain too and this is an entirely new scene to her - and she doesn't want to talk about it so I let her be. I don't know what medication she is taking - so like my garden - I am just happen that she's there and I will let her get over herself when she is ready as I have always done. I am happy in my own home and interested in my life. And yes - my arm is healing well and doesn't hurt at all now. 

My shoulder always will - I am used to that - and I have appropriate medication.

About the bushes that died - no - I didn't poison them - I liked them - I was shocked when I realised the mowing man had "pruned" them so severely and my gardener was amazed. The dead bushes were pulled out when I was in hospital - of course when I got out of my taxi I was passed that bit of garden and it took me a while to notice - then I saw the oleander - they are poisonous - root, stem, leaf and flower and we have a few of them on this block - they are hardy and ornamental I guess - I am renting and not part of the body corporate - I don't know who planted the oleander - but still 

Another tree was planted on Monday - I think - I hope - it's a lemon tree - we have one on the block - which would handy if someone didn't pick all the fruit off the low branches - it would be really nice to have one outside my unit.

I hope you are well - the weekend was bleak and gloomy - this week has been busy and fine - so I have been well-occupied.

Mumma Bear

Owlunar

TAB
Senior Contributor

Hi @Owlunar  yes. They actually work well. Still draws from under fire not like new designs.

Saw a couple old ones re painted around $1000 on fb then found out can still buy them,only the price varies on where you bought it from.

Local (80ks away ) wanted $400 more than than place 170 ks away to deliver it 'in a few weeks time'..

So went to farther place paid $1100 and ran..

Was in box which turned out to be ridiculously easy to remove.

Woman who served me was bothered about me not having a trailer.

I knew how much it weighed and seeing it packed knew it would fit in my boot .

Now just need someone to install it lol

@Oaktree get Meggle, hope you had a good day. It's cold and grey here all day. Nothing much interesting about my place ha. Got the heater on. Glad it works ha. Hope your place is nice and cozy. Take care.

Hi @Meowmy @Owlunar 

The sun is back out today. I have been inside all day though. My hubby worked all day today so I have been on my own. I am at a bit of a loose end when he isn’t around. Even though the sun is out it’s quite cold and I have the heater on. I watered my seedings with some seasol in the water today. I need to go back outside and close my greenhouses soon. 

Mumma Bear your garden sounds like it’s coming along quite nicely on it’s own. I do hope that it was a lemon tree that was planted. Lemons are expensive in the shops but so useful. I recently picked a few that were hanging over my fence off the neighbours tree. I should get a few more that way in the next few weeks. I can’t wait for my little lemon tree to grow.

Hubby and I talked about buying a box trolley to move my pots about with. They are pretty heavy. As the weather changes we will need to move them to get the plants in the right conditions. 

I hope that you are both having a great day! 

Meggle

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance