Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: My Place

@Oaktree 

Now you have been through a lot together. I lived mostly on the extreme social margins, but nowadays have a relatively stable life.

Yes, Creation is wonderful to be involved with; trees for wood and shade and plants for beauty and nourishment.  All very healing.  Just had a chat with young neighbour, about garden, the facts of life and everything.  I have been cutting back some diosma hard and spreading the cuttings as mulch.  I no longer give Mr Bunnings much satisfaction.

Wow @Oaktree 

It was wonderful to read how much your husband loves you - fancy that - his standing in a queue with a book you really wanted - then you standing there again - that is like a dream to me - so caring.

My daughter worked in horticulture all her working life - and I have a brown elbow when it comes to gardening - it just doesn't work for me - 

Well - I had a bush cut out near my back door by my gardener the last time he came - which was some weeks back - I have this patch of poor soil with pipes, rocks and the roots of the old bush - that was being eaten by something. I will ask my gardener to go to Bunnings to get some plant food and some succulents and start a rockery there - it's in the bright sunlight - near the tap though - so easy to water in the really hot weather - it might do well if I keep my unfriendly fingers out of it.

I have a small garden - just a courtyard at the back - very private - and a couple of beds in the front - it's all well-established - and my gardener comes every few weeks - so it's pretty easy really.

This evening I noticed a lot of seagulls about - I had a half loaf of bread that had been in the freezer so long the slices had stuck together - they were okay defrosted - I went out and had about 50 hungry birds fighting over the bitznpieces - I love this - even when I said, "All over guys" and started back inside they were posturing and fighting each other. I really love them actually. -

So - I am glad to share a moment in your place.

All the best

Mumma Bear

Owlunar

@Owlunar @Appleblossom @hanami @Delicatessen @EternalFlower @TAB @ClockFace @Eve7 @Zoe7 @Shaz51 @SmilingGecko @tyme @TideisTurning @tonys @LeChuck @Sophia1 

Hey guys,

Today I went to look around a garden nursery. I didn't intend to buy anything but I ended up coming home with a dwarf lemon tree, asparagus and a packet of silverbeet seeds. Then I went to bunnings to grab some soil and off to Red Dot to grab a cheap pot. I spent the afternoon potting up lemon tree, and seeds and planting out my asparagus. 

Yuri the Eureka LemonYuri the Eureka Lemon

AsparagusAsparagus

Albert the Lime Tree (existing)Albert the Lime Tree (existing)

Meggle

At least it looked like you had sunshine today! It's just been raining here in Melb @Oaktree 

Hi there @Oaktree 

That's so wonderful! Love your new plants.

Hope you Monday is great.

Hanami

Hi @Oaktree 

I had a good Monday - now - my daughter has issues with me - but it seems no one else has - I have spoken to a lot of people today and everyone seems pleased to see me.

Someone - it wasn't me - I swear - killed a bunch of tea-tree bushes we had in a corner near my unit. I noticed someone has planted a new tree there - which is good - it might be an oleander - which is not so good - but we have a new tree - 🤗

I had my arm dressed again today and I can wait a week to have it done again - it's nearly healed - that was good to see. I heal fast - it's a month since I had the little accident with my very hot coffee and it looks really good.

I hope you are okay - and I wish you all the best

Mumma Bear

Owlunar

@Owlunar 

Hi Mumma Bear,

So sorry it has taken so long to respond to your post. I am sorry that your daughter is not getting along with you. I have my own daughter issues so I know how that feels.

She has probably gotten a thing in her mind about how she wants things to go in regards to you but you are to her thinking being stubborn lol.

I am glad that your arm is getting better. That’s great news. Hopefully it will be completely healed soon. 

Are you sure that you didn’t poison the bushes? If it is an oleander that has been planted you should accidentally on purpose knock it off because every part of them is poisonous.

Did you have a good weekend? Have have you been doing to keep yourself busy?

Take care,

Meggle

@Owlunar @hanami @tyme @Appleblossom @Delicatessen @StuF @TAB @Meowmy @Dimity @SmilingGecko @TideisTurning @ClockFace @tonys @LeChuck @Sophia1 @Eve7 @Zoe7 @EternalFlower @Shaz51 

Hey everyone,

Today I am very happy because my oregano finally germinated and there are a couple of little green spots in my strawberry pots. I planted all those seeds about 3 weeks ago. I was starting to think they would never germinate. I looked it up on the weekend and strawberry seeds can take between 2 and 8 weeks to germinate. I am hoping for more green sprouts in my strawberries over the next few days. It’s amazing what makes me happy and excited lol. The oregano are just tiny specks of green but they will grow! My basil is looking good and getting bigger. I am probably only a few weeks away from eating some of my lettuce which is exciting. I need to buy a few little pots to transplant some more of my basil into. I have two lots of basil, one lot is older than the others. I transplanted the older basil into 5 little pots and I have two pots of younger basil that needs to be divided into more pots to give it room to grow. A couple of days ago I planted colourful silverbeet into 4 long pots. Looking forward to that growing because it is so pretty. Anyway no photos today. I usually take my progress photos on a Thursday so watch this space.

Meggle

TAB
Senior Contributor

bit jealous hey @Oaktree  I will get something happening in garden yet lol 

got me a wood heater today, semi -spontaneously , shopped for best price , well they have, plus deals and areas seems cost x somewhere, x+300 somewhere else, = so drove a few hours and paid $100 more than melbourne price, local place wanted $400 more well they told me they dont install them, so they cant really stop me ha ha lol will just say I didnt know about your scheme , just rang place who had one in stock and went and got it ha ha ha lol ....

Nice one @TAB 

Now you need to install it and then you will be as warm as toast. That’s awesome. It has just started getting cold overnight and will only get colder. It’s a very good investment. Have you got any firewood to burn?

Meggle

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance