Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Living with PTSD (Potentially Triggering Material)

Thank you everyone.
@Shaz51, you asked if I was okay. The answer is no, not really. But I dont feel like chatting either. Just want to curl up in a corner and allow my stupid fears and misery envelop me. I dont want to think, I dont want to remember, I dont want to do anything. Shaz how did you know that meerkats are about my favourite animal? Other than my little Holly that is. I have a lovely calendar with beaut meerkat pics for each month of the year. I love them, they are so cute, but fierce and tenacious at the same time.
@outlander - thanks little one. Sorry I havent been around for you on your thread today. Been thinking of you though.
@Former-Member - Hey gorgeous .. thank you so much. I know you dont like talking about what you are currently going through yourself, and I do know its hard. But you are very important, and you should never consider yourself to be undeserving of everyones support here. If ever it would help to talk, please do so. Welcome here any time, otherwise please tag me on your thread, or any other thread you wish to talk on.
@Faith-and-Hope - many thanks for your support, I know you have so much happening right now with your first week back at uni for yourself and several other family members. And also visitors for the weekend. I hope everything works out okay for you all. I think you were out for dinner tonight. Was it nice and what type of restaurant did you go to?
@Starta - so lovely to see you here. Thank you. Love the teddy bears too. Is that a bear hug? 🐻🤗 As I mentioned to Shaz, I dont really feel like talking about where I'm at right now. If I talk about it, it somehow will make it more real, and then I cannot ignore it. If I need to talk I will come back here. I do feel supported and also cared about, by you and all the others here. That is comforting in itself.

I am going to take one of my husbands sleeping pills now and hope to get some sleep. I'm desperate for rest .. I just need to sleep and things will seem better in the morning.

Good night all and thank you for being around.

Sherry 🌸

Thankyou @Former-Member 

I hope you sleep well now you’ve taken a sleep med. 

I know how tough life can be. 

Feel for you. 

Chat another time. 

I’m in bed now too

nighty night. 💜💖

Good morning @Former-Member,

Im just calling in to say hello, and that I hope your hubby’s sleeper did what it’s supposed do and gave you a good restful sleep....Sleep is important and has a huge negative effect on our mh when we don’t get enough...

That’s okay,,you don’t feel like talking, justvtry to remember how much your loved and cared for here beautiful lady...and that I/we are sitting with you in silence until you feel up to posting again....

I hope you can find some light in your day today, and please try to give you some..You time, with your gorgeous Holly outside both getting sun and fresh air together..Thinking of you 💙💜.

Warm and caring thoughts xxx

Starta💜🤗..

@Former-Member  Calling by to send you a lot of love and many hugs. It is so hard for you right now but you have a lot of support here. I know that doesn't take away the pain you are feeling but hope in sharing some of it it can relieve it somewhat. When talking is hard know we are thinking of you and walking beside you.  Heart

I can't believe your Sixers lost that game last night Hon - I thought they had it in the bag - so much so that I went to bed early. Was a shock to wake this morning and see that they lost it. It must have been an exciting finish but really hoped it would fall your way - we are both out so I will definitely be going for the Renegades in the final. My sister's partner's nephew is a Renegades fan so would love them to win for him. 

Hi @Former-Member 

your husband should be counting his blessings having you.  You are right to encourage him to keep on his meds till he sees his doctor.   Though sometimes doctors prescribe so much I do wonder If they really understand all the interactions these things can cause. I am glad you have got into your gp, but also glad you have put off the smear.  Even if you find out that the problem isn’t the timing, but the test itself that is worth knowing and can then always be planned better.  I can understand why it is so distressing, but no one likes them, yuk so invasive. 

What is the weather like where you are? I can hear that my son has got up , my granddaughter is with him and he is giving her breakfast.  Little cutie that she is. I am going to make her a rice pudding today. Then I might tidy up outside and hang some more pictures. 

There enough from me.

i hope you have managed some sleep and are feeling ok 

peri

hellloo and hugs @Former-Member  HeartHeart

I love meerkats, they look soo cute how they stand up and look around Smiley Very HappyHeart

beeen thinking of you lots today xxxx

Hi @Former-Member 💕

it was an “Aussie” restaurant with international cuisine.  One of us had a pie, others had pasta, we had middle-eastern dips, and a calamari salad, and a garden salad, and some broccoli 🥦 

@Former-Member  just leaving these for you. this place also looks nice to go sit too if youd like to join me 

PRODUCT_FLOWERS_Cherry_Blossom_image1.jpgthUQKECX4D.jpg

Good luck at your gp tomorrow @Former-Member hope all goes well 💗

@Former-Member - thanks my gentle caring friend. The sleeping pill didnt seem to help much at all the other night unfortunately. Next to useless in fact. Oh well ... worth a try, but I wont be asking for more. You're right, life can be very tough ... and I feel very much for you too. Sending you a big hug and my very best wishes. 🤗🌸

@Starta - Thank you for your lovely words a couple of days ago. Unfortunately the sleeper did nothing, so I didnt get any sleep that night either. You are so right about that Starta, without adequate sleep things just continue to go downhill. Something has to change in order to arrest this decline. I did as you suggested and spent a little while outside on Saturday, which was a pleasant day temperature wise. I even did a bit of weeding in some of the garden beds. The little bit of rain we got a week or so ago has got the weeds sprouting and flourishing. A big bear hug to you because I know you like them, and I know you need human contact. 🐻🤗💕

@Zoe7 - Thanks Zoe for your continued support. You are right of course that the pain is not removed by knowing people here support me and actually care. But perhaps the suffering is just a little diminished, knowing that others understand and share. I expect your sisters nephew-in-law (?) would have been thrilled to bits with the big Renegades win yesterday. As was I, and you too I know. Such a big turnaround. Hope your first working Monday goes well today. I will be thinking of you.

@Peri - my dear lady, what can I say? I know last night was a particularly difficult night for you. I saw your post at 3.30am or so my time, which is also after midnight your time. I did respond around 4am, but I dont know if you got that post or not. My hope is that you managed to stop the mind from running at 1000 miles per hour and finally drifted off to sleep. I would very much like to hear from you today or tomorrow to see how you're doing now. Yes, I guess you were right all along Peri ... best to put off the smear until my already hyperaroused state of mind settles somewhat from the last attempt as well as the time of year with the anniversary fast approaching. The weather here is heating up again. A couple of cooler days at the end of last week, but yesterday and today getting hotter and again tomorrow. Maybe then a cooler change mid week and hopefully some rain late in the week. Fingers crossed on that score, as its so very dry here. Local towns around here are all on severe water restrictions. Oh wow ... your little granddaughter sounds a delight. Does she live with your son (and you) permanently or is it a shared arrangement with her Mum? It must be so nice to have her close by, I wish we saw more of our grandkids, especially when they are younger. Our youngest is 6 already! We mostly get to see them a couple of times a year, but with hubbys illness/es the past 18 months or so, we are lucky to see them once a year. And thats when they manage to travel to see us, rather than what has always been the case of us travelling to them. They grow up so quickly dont they? How old is your granddaughter? Ahhhh ... rice pudding ... one of my favourite desserts. I read somewhere, possibly the Friday Feast thread, that you are a good cook. I presume you enjoy cooking as well. Do you have any specialities? I see you are still settling into your new home, ie hanging pictures. It can be a long process, but once its all done it should start to feel more like home. I hope so. Good luck too with the CV preparation and job hunting. Dont become discouraged if something does not turm up quickly, its a difficult market out there. Although I feel sure your skills are much sought after, its more a matter of getting something which is the right fit for you. Are you thinking a couple of days a week at this stage? If things work out, perhaps you could increase hours at a later date. Dont want to push yourself too hard to fast. I hope today is an improvement on yesterday for you Peri. Sending a lovely bunch of flowers to brighten your home and cheer you up somewhat. 🌹🌼

@Shaz51 - Hi and hugs to you too my friend. Yes, thats what I love about Meerkats too. They stand up tall on their hind legs and swivel their neck around almost 360 degrees and are always on the lookout for intruders or danger. Wish I could do that. 😟 But they are ever so cute. My little Holly looks very much like a meerkat too when she lays her ears back and peers around. She sort of has the meerkat face or nose I think. You cannot see it in my profile pic though because her ears are up and erect. Thinking of you too Shaz and you have a series of appointments today and the rest of the week. I hope the endocrinologist apt goes well and perhaps even some good news. I cannot sing your praises enough Shaz, you are a real star around here. Thank you for being who you are. 🎵

@Faith-and-Hope - Hello lovely lady. The restaurant sounds like it has something to suit all tastes. Good choice by the sound of things. So you only have your visitors for another day and a half. Although it sounds like its been a relatively pleasurable time for you in general, it is still a very tiring thing to have visitors under foot all the time. Back to uni for you today too no doubt. Certainly no opportunity for a break any time soon. I hope today is a good one for you. 🌸

@outlander - You are such a thoughtful young lady .. thank you for sitting with me the other night. And thank you for the lovely vase of flowers and the bench seats to sit with you and watch out over the countryside. I hope you have been able to resolve in your own mind what is best for your upcoming dental surgery in the bigger city. I know you have much to plan and I suspect you are much like me in that you need to plan well ahead and have everything in place well beforehand. I cannot recall what you have on today or indeed this week. Although I think your Pop may have had a few appointments you needed to get him to. I hope that somewhere in amongst all that, you manage to find some time for relaxation. Perhaps some more of your crocheting. Sounds like your foot is slowly giving you less grief, so it must be healing. Have as good a day as possible sweetie. 🌺😇

Today I am about to go and water our pots on the deck and maybe spash a little bit of water around some of the parched garden beds. Enough to keep the plants from frying, at least until some rain comes.

I'm getting pretty anxious about my GP appointment this afternoon. I have no idea what he will say, and I am dreading the discussion he is likely to want to have. I know some of what my psych has told him, but only some of it. She may well have said a lot of other stuff too, which could instigate some difficult decisions. But there again ... its also likely I'm fretting over something that wont happen. Hope thats the case.

I am still getting very little sleep. The past couple of nights I slept for maybe 2 hours and then lay awake for most of the rest of the night, just dozing occasionally. My OCD has been giving me heartache again lately too, as it tends to do when my anxiety reaches fever pitch. Pity hubbys sleepers were ineffective for me. But there again perhaps its a good thing they didnt work ... otherwise I may have been tempted to use them more often. Probably not ideal.

With my GP appointment I'm not going to be able to get back in time for my Monday pilates class unfortunately. Pity because I didnt make it last week either. Nor did I make it to my volunteer work at the nursing home last week. Really need to make it this Wednesday however. I need to make a major effort not to become too slack over doing these couple of things each week for me. Its something my psych always harps on about too. I have to try harder I guess. Although there wasnt much I could do about today - the GP appointment was not selected by me.

I have a couple of important appointments for hubby this week too. The biggest one, and the one worrying us both the most, is with his oncologist on Thursday. Fingers crossed the bloods and scans are okay.

Hi also to @BlueBay - I hope you are doing okay.

Okay I must go. I will let you know tonight how my GP ends up.

Sherry 💕
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance