Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Flower88
Senior Contributor

Laboured breathing

Has anyone experienced breathing difficulties with anxiety, mines been for over a week now and has been challenging. Even when I feel fine I get it. I do get asthma but doesn't feel like it 😞
3 REPLIES 3

Re: Laboured breathing

Yes I have a bit @Flower88...  I have been involved in breath activities most of life .. at first it was as a lap swimmer ... I actually asked my GP to get my lung function checked ... I thought maybe it was due to being an ex smoker ... though it was years ago .. and found thatmedically my lung function is fine for my fitness level ... I have never been asthmatic ... but continue with breath exercises in 2 music activities.

it takes effort to breathe well ... 

it is good to have various levels of breathing in our day to day lives .. as the breath does change due to level of exertion ... I believe it is the effort of life force ... take care @Flower88 we dont want to pathologise everything .. but anxiety will effect heart rate and breath.

Thanks @Appleblossom. I'm freaking out its lung cancer. I went to docs and my oxygen levels were fine and they said my chest was clear. I did have a drip back of throat. It's so hard getting about all day with it

So many good activities involve some breath regulation ... or at least breath awareness as in yoga and meditation ...

then I also would be interested in books and workshops that were titled ... SIng for Life etc ...

You are doing well ... you are just out of hospital ...

hospital is a bubble like cocoon envrinment .. and so it will take a little time to get robust enough for that .. you have been responsible for your well being ... take care ... but I hope not with too much anxiety

Heart

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance