Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Just so lost

Hi @utopia,

Oh your WC situation, I so feel for you. I have really heard some horror stories since this happened to me about other people being messed around, treated like YOU are doing something criminal (like lodging a dodgey WC claim etc).  Its just awful that employers do that to their employees!?

Obviously I cant say where I worked but I would often read about violent events at that job, that disturbed me greatly.  I just didnt get paid enough to deal with that sort of thing.  I am so glad that you have found someone that is helping you, so glad.

My situation is that I was physically injured, and thats what my claim was based on.  Although the stress of going through all this, being accused of fraud, losing a job, when I cant work anywhere else with this injury has created another injury, even if it is not physical.  I can sypathise with what you're going through.

I have chosed to dispute my rejected WC claim decision and have met with the migistrate already.  (Basically, they rejected the claim on incorrect evidence, which was their fault mind you, and now I need to attempt to prove that evidence is incorrect and therefore that decision should be reviewed).  I know I am right and dont want to back down. I go back to meet again with the magistrate in a couple of weeks.

Thanks for your information and encouraging words!  Hoping you are feeling good today  Smiley Happy

Hi @Queenie,

Yeh, I couldn't beleive how lucky I was to end up with a great counsellor who I have seen previously, and she is straight with me. I really dont want, or have time to waste with not getting straight to the point.  I'm a big girl, I can handle it!  Smiley Wink

My mental state after seeing her and letting her words 'marinate' in my brain for a bit, is like night and day.  Now I understand a good lot of this mess.  And that helps me come to sane and logical decisions.  

Take care  Woman Happy

@Violet72. Good on you for continuing to fight for what is rightfully yours.
That's why I'm still fighting. My workplace should not have been allowed to out me in such a dangerous position. They are responsible for so much more now. And they should have to pay.

Smiley Very Happy  @frog,

I laughed at your comment about dogs being easier than people!  I hear you!! 

This is just my opinion, I used to be a dog person and had dogs all my life right up until I moved out of home.  When I didnt have the room for a dog in my own place, I decided maybe a cat?  I didnt really know what I was in for but I havent looked back since.  I've had 4 cats, still have 2 of them now.  I was suprised when I realised that companionship wise, they are very similar to dogs.  They are funny too.  Have you seen the amount of funny cat pictures & videos there are on the internet!?  Cat Very Happy

Take care of yourself  Heart

Agree with you totally @utopia
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance