Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Just diagnosed

Thanks Kristin for your kind words-they mean more to me than you could know.

I have been a bit off the air with my ECT sessions. They tend to unlock some stuff deep in the recesses of the mind. Mine relates to child abuse, so its been very confronting when that happens.

Add some interaction with my small immediate family who covered it up and find me an embarrasing reminder that it did happen, then the mix gets pretty toxic.

Anyway I find by about session 6 of the ECT I come good, so I know I will bounce back.

Enough about me. More importantly I think orangejuice needs some strong support from everyone in helping him come to terms with his new diagnosis and the challenges that lie ahead in dealing with it.

Thanks again Kristin

kenny

Dearest Kenny,

They aren't "kind" words, they are heartfelt truth. It gladdens me that they help in some way.

I'm so sorry to hear you are also a CA survivor. Families can be so damned revolting with this. So we get to be the "designated patient" for their toxicity - as if it isn't painful enough without.

Thinking of you - in the midst of this and still having the love and grace to be caring - reaching out to others. 

@orangejuice I wonder if you search for posts using kenny's name there might be a fair bit of helpful stuff?  He's contributed to the forum with incredible openness and generosity.

@NikNik or whoever is on mod's tonight - I think we can do searches by username??

Kind regards

Kristin,

Yes @kristin  & @orangejuice  you can search by author. There are 2 ways

1) See the 'search' text field above? Click on the magnifying glass (as if you were searching for a term) The next page gives you more search options. On the right hand side you can search by author.

2) If you click on the member's name, you will be taken to a list of all of their posts

Hope this helps

thanks a lot Kristin

The CA stuff was terrible. I got the PTSD and the OCD directly  from that. Probably was a major contributer to the SchizoA I think. I often wonder whether abusers comprehend the effect that have on kids in the future (like peodophiles I guess).

Well the dye is cast on that one im afraid. Í have tried to tell my psych about it but its so traumatic I cant do it. One day I will talk to someone about it in detail, maybe another MI person. Its the one thing in my life I dont know how  to deal with or resolve to the point of closure.

Your heart is very kind and warm Kristin. Thanks so much

kenny

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance