Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Former-Member
Not applicable

Intro - New to the forums

I've been creeping around the forum but since I haven't written anything yet, thought I'd make a start.

Forums like this are helpful.  As I read, I learn and pick up new ideas - Thank you.

I have PTSD and I am a carer too.  Mostly I manage quite OK, but last week I was badly triggered by someone and their manipulative bullying behaviour.  I am trying to guard against dissociating or thinking about it too much, but still I feel I am slowly spiralling into depression.  It is very hard to talk to anyone, because I can't be bothered. Hard to explain, but feel like I am in a state of nothingness. I hope this does not last long.

10 REPLIES 10

Re: Intro - New to the forums

I have found encountering bullies out in the world one of the hardest things to deal with. Often we cant plan ahead and are taken by surprise. You have the right idea, by not dissociating. My problem is obsessing. I get churned up inside ...

but also try and use the situation as a call to action, if I have to have ongoing interaction with the person.

Glad you have started posting.

Hi @Former-Member,

A very warm welcome to the SANE forums Smiley Happy

Thank you for introducing yourself and sharing your experience.  I hope you find the forums helpful and continue to learn and pick up new ideas.

Look forward to 'seeing' you around the forums soon Smiley Happy

Rockpool

Former-Member
Not applicable

Hi blackzena and welcome!
How are things going tonight? I sometimes feel so overwhelmed I stop feeling and go numb and it's just a kind of blank zone...
Hoping that things settle soon,
Lj
Former-Member
Not applicable

Thank you. Yes it was better. But I feel embarrassed that I cried at work, but angry that this person gets away with her behaviour so often. I reacted by trying to establish a boundry, but could not stop crying later. Partly I want to take it further so that it does get dealt with, but I know as soon as I talk to someone about it I will be in tears again.

I am trying to not fantasize about shoving her in front of a train.

Anyway, seems she is avoiding me at the moment which is a really good move.

Former-Member
Not applicable

Trying to practice mindfulness exercises. I find this very helpful

Hi @Former-Member,

I just wanted to check in with you. How are you? Being bullied is really stressful. It can really eat away at you. Hope things have settled. 

Former-Member
Not applicable

Thank you, yes I am feeling less scatty ratty. The symptoms have settled and I am viewing this as an opportunity to put into practice some skills learned during counselling sessions.

hi @Former-Member,

people can get emotional at work. I think you shouldn't feel bad for crying at work because people without mood disorder cry at work too.

I usually feel bad for people who bully or initiate a conflict. They seem to have an issue that they can't express appropriately.

I once got angry at my boss, the owner of the company. He said if I do this again, he'll fire me. But I kept going and he realised I wasnt listening. Finally, he was like "calm down, mate!"

I wish I could cry instead of getting angry at people. The grass is always greener on the other side of the fence 🙂

Former-Member
Not applicable

Is PTSD classified as a mood disorder?
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance