Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Former-Member
Not applicable

Re: I am a chronic over-reacter?

Wow thats great!!!! So what are they going to do about it @Former-Member?

Don't know - that's up to m psychiatrist to decide. Problem is last time I came off my antipsychotics I got really unwell.
But it would be really nice to have better vision and a few other things not happening. Sigh.
Better than being unwell I suppose.
Former-Member
Not applicable

I doubt they will just take you off them. They might get you to wein off them slowly while adding another medication to it

I think if I had to take another medication I might explode.
I'm taking an antidepressant, mood stabiliser and an antipsychotic plus something for sleep when I need it and something for ADD when I'm at work.
Too much!
And I'm on the lowest possible dose of the least side-effect inducing anti-p.
These symptoms were scary cause they indicated there may be some major diseases involved, but they're not unbearable. And the akathesia and hyperprolacinemia that I get on the other anti-p's IS unbearable.
Sigh
Sigh
Sigh
At least I've had a good day.
How about you @Former-Member? How was your day?

i totally get it im a a few meds as well as suppliments so i understand @Former-Member

well maybe they might give you somthing else that combine one or two so you dont have to take so many. maybe you could discuss this with your psychiatrsit the next time you see them? when do you see them next? id be trying to get there asap...

im glad you had a good day.

mine was very stressful, and im concerned about a few things and i think ive just flipped it with all thats going on atm. including the almost unbearable pain im in 😞

Former-Member
Not applicable

Hi @Former-Member - yay for the relief of finding a cause for the symptoms that were causing you concern. Hopefully now that's been identified, you'll be able to work towards managing them? Hood to hear you've had a good day 🙂

@Former-Member - sorry to hear your day was stressful. I've got to get little people to bed and have a shower but I'll be around after that for a little while to chat/debrief/distract etc if you're interested. Feel free to tag me on one of your threads if you'd like.
Former-Member
Not applicable

Mind if i tag u in my thread @Former-Member. Could use some advice
Former-Member
Not applicable

Of course not @Former-Member. I'll charge my phone and be back shortly 🙂
Former-Member
Not applicable

Thanks @Former-Member
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance