Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Maggie99
New Contributor

Hello - newbie alert !

Hello there to the kind and caring folk who choose to read this post. I'm a 33 year old female, unemployed and studying law on a part-time basis.

My mental health history is unfortunately complex - anorexia at 14-16 years, depression at 17 (ongoing), bulimia at 18 - 21 years and ongoing anxiety (OCD and social anxiety) and body image issues.

Some days are better than others. But, generally speaking, life feels like really hard work and I often feel as though I'm a spectator rather than a participant. 

I have the support of my parents and a few close friends. I do tend to isolate myself. Being around animals makes me happy - I own a guinea pig 🙂 

Has anyone else out there experienced ongoing depression and body image issues after teenage-onset anorexia ? If so, how are you doing and what helps ?

Thanks for reading. 

2 REPLIES 2
Former-Member
Not applicable

Re: Hello - newbie alert !

IMG_20170211_075637.png

Welcome to sane forums @maggie99, iI'm sure you'll find lots of support here. Sorry you've had to battle anorexia, bulimia, anxiety and feeling disconnected from the world. Really good you've reached out here tonight.

I don't have anorexia but did have couple years as a young adult with bulimia a while & body image probs for differentreasons, also cPTSD (depression anxiety)... Labels aren't that important to me anymore. I did have a close friend who suffered terrible anorexia & body image / identity & self harm, we lost her to it all so I have a vague idea how difficult your walk might be. My friend did not have the supportive family I'm so pleased to hear you have, good supportive people in your life, they are our treasure, hang onto that.

If you're a 'home bod' (like me), you're gonna enjoy the new world of forums community here. Keep posting, and Reading and jumping in any time to contribute, push ya way a bit so we don't get too Clicky here. Tell us more about your story. What kind of a week you've had? Hugzz xox

Re: Hello - newbie alert !

Hi @Maggie99 .... pleased to meet you ....

I'm walking along with a husband in denial of having an eating disorder ..... it/ a bit of a muddle of things, so hard to label as yet .... but might come under atypical bulimia, EDNOS or even BPAN ..... won't know until he wakes up, owns up, or crashes .....

Feel free to ask questions to make your way around.  The Search bar is helpful for key words, and the Enjoying Time With Others has some social threads where you can meet others on a more light-hearted basis, generally ....

Take care, and welcome ....

🌷💜

F&H

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance