Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Jo-anneJoy
Senior Contributor

Feels Like Home

Some of you might remember me from a few months ago and my thread “Lost my job, pawned my rings....” that Paul Kelly song.

Long story short....out of the wide blue yonder I received an offer of a forever home in public housing.  Skedaddled out of metro Melbourne about the time the towers went into lockdown.

No more housing stress

No more prefacing thought “can’t afford..”

...my circumstances are so transformed that many describe it as “miraculous” ...

Ummm... I had a competent and committed housing worker who knew the ropes and did the paperwork. Credit where it’s due : to the human female not the guy in the sky.

Nine weeks ago, I took my panic attacks for a long train ride into the country.  I could be still dissociated as I am noticing when I tell the people who need to know stuff, they invariably say “you won’t know yourself!”

Except I do ...

Will the real Jo-Anne Joy stand up...

Anyone else heard this cover....

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=u9Dg-g7t2l4

Whatcha all been doing ??

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Feels Like Home

@Jo-anneJoy  Hey hunny I do remember you and the song 😄 title. I am so happy for you that is great news. Good to see you back posting too. Take care. peaxxx

Well done @Jo-anneJoy  😸 .. Maslos Hierarchy of Needs etc .. re housing

I finally have a brand new unit. Thanks to Anglicare. I realised when I moved in, I realised I have never in my 61 years, have lived alone. From my parents place straight into family life. My kids asked me if I'm lonely,  I'm not, I've finally found stability and peace.

@Jo-anneJoy wrote:

Some of you might remember me from a few months ago and my thread “Lost my job, pawned my rings....” that Paul Kelly song.

Long story short....out of the wide blue yonder I received an offer of a forever home in public housing.  Skedaddled out of metro Melbourne about the time the towers went into lockdown.

No more housing stress

No more prefacing thought “can’t afford..”

...my circumstances are so transformed that many describe it as “miraculous” ...

Ummm... I had a competent and committed housing worker who knew the ropes and did the paperwork. Credit where it’s due : to the human female not the guy in the sky.

Nine weeks ago, I took my panic attacks for a long train ride into the country.  I could be still dissociated as I am noticing when I tell the people who need to know stuff, they invariably say “you won’t know yourself!”

Except I do ...

Will the real Jo-Anne Joy stand up...

Anyone else heard this cover....

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=u9Dg-g7t2l4

Whatcha all been doing ??

Yes I remember you @Jo-anneJoy 

Smiley Happy

Hello @Beryl22 and of course @greenpea @TAB 

Smiley Happy

Great news.  Celebrate.  Is it worth having an online house warming party?

Heart

@Appleblossom  thumbs up to that Apple 😄

Good idea @Appleblossom am at work so am no use
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance