Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Down in the Dumps

❤️💕 @MoonGal .....

Let your creativity define you Hon .... your goodness of heart .... and all the beautiful parts of you that ride these waves ....

When the surf's up, boogie with whatever brings you joy and helps to keep you as grounded as possible, and let the waves wash over you and beyond ..... you have calmer seas on other days .... never, ever forget it .....

Hugs n more hugs ..... 🤗😘💐

sending you lots of hugs my wonderful Sister xoxo @MoonGal

you are awesome my friend HeartHeart

@Shaz51 @Faith-and-Hope @Appleblossom @Former-Member @Former-Member

The cycle has run and I feel and am thinking so much more clearly today. :Smiley Happy

Still feel physically ill and worried about thyroid, but nothing to be done about that till I see Dr. on tuesday.

Thanks for all your support. Heart

@Shaz51@Faith-and-Hope

Hello Sisters, The surf was up, but the tide has gone out. I decided to come off one of my meds, went through a careful withdrawal. Its hard having a new doctor I didn;t tell her until after the fact. She was very cross with me. Still I discovered that the med I was on can cause Thyroid problems and did a lot of research, peer reviewed, etc.

I was in a hypo and my writing flew - it was wonderful while it lasted. Things don;t 'last' though. My last words written was on 18 March. I started my "Novel" on 6th march and wrote 18,000 words. It is pretty good stuff, not delusional, just well done for a first draft - but, then, I got stuck and then I got depressed, and here I am again, in the mental straight jacket of depression.

So, rather than whine about this bi-polar life, I want to reach out and see how others are feeling, wonder if there is anything I can do for others. Except for my mother, she is an other that I have huge amounts of anxiety about. I want to go and see her, but, whenever I do I come away utterly frazzled and freaked out. She has dementia and it is getting worse, she is manipulative, repetitive and says things that hurt me. Oh, wait! that's not reaching out, that's reaching in. haha.

Anyways - I am happy that I managed to help a greyhound girly who needed ALOT of help - and had her for four months, got her to a place where she could be adopted. My forever greyhound gets sad every time the fosters go - so I got her a dog, well, got us all a dog really, a staffy. She is not a puppy and has only been here a few days. So at least I have someone else to concentrate on.

How are you both? 

Hi @MoonGal ..... 🤗💕

We are still up, down and sideways with our WH saga .... but finding a lot of joy in lifestyle things along the way .... had amazing travels in Europe across the winter there for three months .... on a thread called Far and Away, if you want some night time reading for the rest of the year .... lol ....

And I have been painting. That's on the thread too ....

❤️

Hey hello my sister @MoonGal Smiley LOL

so good to see you xx

we are having daily ups and downs but are ok , hubby is trying to get off his meds after the doctor told him he had high cholestrol

me -- recovering from a bladder infection , it is going away

sending you hugs Heart, my mum had 15 inches of dead bowel removed  and then she got a tropical bug , have to do more for her now

Hi @MoonGal .... 🤗💕

Saw you travelling through my travel thread this morning .... how are you going ?

🌷

Morning @Faith-and-Hope & @Shaz51

Feeling a bit better this AM - I got moving yesterday did some housework, washed the new doggit she keeps scratching alot and we are worried we have inherited a skin problem. Smiley Sad we have finally settled on her new name, she came with a name we didn't like much, but have one that sounds a lot like it and is better. 

I woke up this morning and did'nt have the brain freeze and didn't cry so that's a huge improvement. Also the repetitive thinking seems to have stopped. Phew.

I read through quite a few pages of your excellent European Winter Expedition @Faith-and-Hope - Loved your sketches, and found the discussions about your partner's ed very sad and I learned a lot I had to go and google a few things to understand it. Must be very hard living with someone in denial about something so devestating. I am glad and inspired by your ability to walk through the difficulties and see everything so clearly and with such equanamity. I loved your descriptions of the cobblestones and weather, brave you going on a winter tour!

So sorry to hear about your Mum, @Shaz51, hope she recovers from the op. and that you stepping up more works out okay. Is she accepting of your help?

Today I am going to google repairing lamp switches, I am nervous about it, electricity is something you don;t want to get wrong, if I cannot find a proper how to I will have to take by bedside lamp to an electrician repair service, which is a pain in the butt because I don;t want to leave my doggits alone until I know the new pup has settled in properly.

ANyways, I notice a pattern, I tend to not come here when I am hypo - just when I am depressed. Maybe that is common for people who are bipolar?
🐵
Waves and thanks for being here. 🌹

Morning @MoonGal .... good to see you here, as always ....

Use the forums as you need to .... no apologies, y'hear ..... 😘💕 .... it's what they're for..

I'm out walking for my coffee ahead of an apt today, then it's preparing for Easter, which is the biggest event on our yearly calendar. I have the family coming for lunch this year.

❤️

Hello @MoonGal 

hope she recovers from the op. and that you stepping up more works out okay. Is she accepting of your help? -- she is getting there , very slowly.

Yes she is accepting my help , requesting some or ring me up to do things

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance