Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Dealing with intrusive thoughts - my struggle!

Thank you for the kind replies. Today is my 2nd day with no meds. It's really not fun. My emotions are just everywhere. Hopefully work and the gym help. Have a good day all 🌻 

I hope you have a good day tiday @Molliex it's not easy I understand 

thinkibg if you. And I want to say Thankyou for your kind words in my post "not feeling good". It means a lot. 
tske care today ❤️

Always thinking of you @BlueBay x

Hey @Molliex transitioning meds is such a huge thing to do.    I went through it a while ago I was so unwell.    I'm hoping the gym and work can help you distract.     Always here for you xxxx

Thanks for thinking of me @Angels333. I've been barely keeping it together. Starting new meds tomorrow, so fingers crossed for limited side effects.

Hope you're doing well 💜🌻

@Molliex sending hugs, I hope your new meds are a better fit for you ❤❤❤❤

Thanks @outlander. First day on a reduced dose of new meds today. Hope to see some positive effects soon.

I hope you're well xx 💜🌻

Fingers crossed it works out well for you @Molliex 💌

Hey @Molliex  I  hope the new med works for you.  It will take some time, in the meantime I am here as well as other Forumites xx

I'm going okay. SH has stopped now for over a week.   I'm still having lots of anxiety.    I don't know what to do for Christmas lunch it's really difficult as it has to be vegan and we leave on Boxing day to travel to QLD to see my parents and my brother and his family.    I'm really anxious about it as I have a lot of trauma as my Father SA me as a child but denied it, I  have confronted him before and when my children were small we didn't speak for 7years.    But I reconnected with my parents 9 years ago and no one ever mentions the trauma, my  children don't know about it.    Anyway I have a tremor caused by one of my medications and when I am anxious it gets worse.   Anyway I am so concerned that when I first walk into my parents house I will look like a complete basket case with the tremor.   I have a relationship with my parents but they really know nothing about my mental health,  for me it's a choice to shut them out, it's a survival mechanism. 

Anyway, sorry if I have triggered you it's just where I am at atm.

@outlander @BlueBay @Owlunar @eth 

Sending warm wishes @Angels333  and the strength to get through the family gathering.  I know what it's like to have the tremors from meds.  I thought I would have them forever (maybe even Parkinson's) and reached the point where I couldn't even do my PIN on atm's and eftpos.  Thank goodness a change of meds and they went away.   Wishing the same for you.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance