Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Bipolar and deciding to stay single

@bitter2016. Thank you for clarifying that. And no, you never need to say anything on this forum unless you choose.
I used to prefer the friendship of men rather than women when I was younger. I found their conversation more interesting than 'girl talk'. Although some of the wives and girlfriends didn't like it much (tough - their issues not mine) - I did make it clear to my male friends right from the start - that I wasn't interested in anything other than being a mate. And that's how they treated me. As one of the boys.
I wonder how you would find it if you befriended a married woman - or even a couple. Yes you may have a friendship with the wife - but the husband would also be a (less close) friend.
I it might be a great topic to bring up with your health care worker/s. And see if they have techniques you can use to try to prevent this from happening.
But you need to be honest with future friends as to what you do and don't want to happen. And you need to remind yourself that you don't want to go there. Maybe a note you keep in your wallet or on your fridge - that you can read at any time - that reminds you that friendship is more important - than taking things further

Re: Bipolar and deciding to stay single

hi blitter,

i have not been married but do suffer from bipolor. I have a parnter who i know gets sick of the bipolor effects that is no enery, can't seem to have a simple meal. i wrote a post called in this life agter hospoital and i was referred to you in making a connection with someone with bipolor.  someone to understand what i am going through. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance