Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Any diagnosed germophobes or hoarders on this forum?

@Shaz51  Ah yes. As I understand it, OCD adversely affects a person's ability to function in normal daily life. Does your love of order impair your life, or does it help your life? Like, in being neat and tidy which helps you to function, and in having a system which helps you to cook dinner?

Not that it's as simple as all that, I guess..

Hi @NatureLover ..,,

Forum tip that we share with each other ..., putting the @ symbol immediately in front of someone's user name sends them a notification that you posted to them, and a link to your post ...., it makes it easier to work out who we are all talking to ..... lol 

I naturally gravitate to order, but I can manage in a messier state.  How does it work for you ?

Thank you @Faith-and-Hope , I have edited my post accordingly. 

My germophobia is complicated by my hoarding disorder. So my house is very messy. Both of them adversely affect day-to-day functioning.

and in having a system which helps you to cook dinner?-- @NatureLover , i have just finished dinner tonight and everything is on the side ready to be washed 

Does your love of order impair your life, or does it help your life? -- amm good question my friend , my house is tidy but not clean if you know what i mean 

@Shaz51 it sounds like your love of order enhances your life. Smiley Happy

Baby steps maybe @NatureLover ..... change one small thing at a time, and only take on the next one when the first feels like it's working / staying roughly in place or returning to place after use ?

Thanks, @Faith-and-Hope .

Any other germophobes or diagnosed hoarders here? <looks around hopefully>

Hi @Fee1 , that's interesting you think the low immunity might be from your MI meds. I have never heard that before. I'm sorry you get sick a lot, that sucks. It sounds like you aren't in the cult any more...I've heard it can be really difficult to break out from cults. 

I swopped our discussion to the germophobia thread, hope that's OK.

Hey @NatureLover, yes not in the cult anymore - took a few years to get out completely.
bit of a luddite - how do I find the germaphobe thread?
Have a good day, cheers

@Fee1 this is kind of the germophobia thread - at least, I haven't found any others yet.

Good for you for getting out of the cult - sounds like it was hard work getting out. I hope you don't have any lasting damage.

I managed to find some hand sanitiser online that was actually available...it arrived today. I tried twice before with other companies, but after paying and everything they said they couldn't deliver due to courier restrictions or something. I found some at the Vetkleen website. Very expensive though. I'll juggle it with something else.

Hope you are doing OK.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance