Skip to main content

Re: Any diagnosed germophobes or hoarders on this forum?

Somehow I missed your message, @Dimity ... Very sorry to hear! I'm glad you tested negative 👍

Will you go to the doctor?

My doctor thinks there's a very low chance I'm contagious, as I tested negative to 8 common viruses plus Covid. So my boss has given me permission to go back to work on Monday with a mask on. I'm still coughing with asthma. It's been a full month I've been away, so the backlog will be huge and stressful. But I'm excited to go back. 

I hope your gathering last Sunday went OK if it was family. 

Good luck getting rid of your cold quickly 🤞

Hi @tyme , thank you so much for visiting and checking in, I really appreciate it. 

I've only started to improve in the last 48 hours, after a month being sick. I've got permission to go back to work on Monday, yay! (With a mask on)

Yes, sunshine here too - very cheering! 

Hope things have improved for you 🤞

It's wonderful you're ready and able to go back to work @NatureLover . Perhaps the asthma is a hangover from your initial illness..

My cold is very mild really, and I don't expect it to last long at all. It doesn't warrant a trip to the doctor.

Yes Sunday was a gathering with extended family, and I met new connections as well as catching up with someone I hadn't seen for a couple of years who wants to mend bridges.

I'm behind on my decluttering and have a lot to do so as not to waste another session with my helper. 

Yes, bad asthma is a result of a cold or flu. Both during and after. It can last for many weeks after the cold has finished. 

I didn't think my cold would last long either! So I didn't go to the doctor early on. Which I regret. 

It sounds like the gathering was positive. Do you want to mend bridges with that person too? 

Good luck with your decluttering. When does your helper next come? 

@Dimity 

Sending lots of love to you @NatureLover 💚💛💚

Thanks so much, @Eve7 ❤

Same back atcha 💛

I'm neutral re "reconciliation" @NatureLover and would be happy to just remain on speaking terms. 

I'll see my helper Thursday. I pottered today and got through some chores but didn't progress the decluttering much. There's  medical admin stuff to do too - more forms. 

You'll have the weekend to gear up for work on Monday. You'll probably have to reorient yourself and assess the backlog - you won't get it all done the first day, but that's OK.

Best wishes for work @NatureLover 

Thanks for your good wishes, @Dimity . Am feeling down so who knows how work will go. And yes, it will take many weeks to catch up. 

Good luck with your medical forms and decluttering 🤞

I trust you're OK @NatureLover and not too tired or wheezy. Perhaps being back at work lifted your spirits? I hope so.