Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Claire8
New Contributor

Anxious

I wanted to talk about a friend of mine who is unable to open up to me about what I feel must be a painful past. Lots of situations in life make me quite anxious and if I dont get the whole story I tend to catastrophize and or assume I must be the problem either directly or in this case not worth or trusted enough to share the information with. I have been given pieces of a puzzle that I feel paint a horrible picture. I've asked twice that this person elaborate to no avail. I feel that asking again will only make this person angry so I need to find a away to be okay with not knowing. How do I convince myself that it's not because they don't care about me or trust me but because its just not something they are able or willing to share?
2 REPLIES 2

Re: Anxious

Hello @Claire8

Often when relating about traumatic details the person relives it .. to some extent .. it may be complicated feelings .. not just anger that are unleashed .. so maybe it can be more "caring" to accept the level or sharing as it is .. dont down play that as a genuine token of trust . . we would not really want to push a person back into extreme pain .. unless there were a REAL reason.. which is best left to therapuetic situations.

Its good you care 

Smiley Happy

Re: Anxious

Thank you so much, your response to my worries really changed the way I was feeeling and brightened my day,

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance