Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Alcoholism and Beyond

@Former-Member 
Cool, I did a Cert IV Mental health as well - it is a good pathway into entry-level employment and/or further studies.
I started it wanting to get into counselling as well, but I changed my mind and decided on peer work - I might pursue counselling at a later date but I am unsure how well I'd do sitting still and listening for long periods of time given that I have ADHD, haha. 

I am glad my story was of value to you 🙂 that is the beauty of having a story and knowing how to share it. 

Yeah work has been great - I work as a Community Mental Health Peer Practitioner so it's a blend of more traditional mental health practice (client support, case management, problem solving etc.) and then the peer side of things which is more intentional disclosure, groupwork, holding space, etc. I am really enjoying it! Bit of an adjustment period going from a year and a half of barely working in lockdown to a full-time position, but I am glad to have purpose and structure in my life once more 🙂

Former-Member
Not applicable

@Malus Glad it's working out - yeah I'm nervous and positive about counseling but realise I have to study when I find full time work which I've done before but who knows the future lol. I've got disorganised schizophrenia lol - mainly effects my thinking apparently but with meds it's under control. Hence the need for study and work

Hi @Malus Thank you for sharing your story here. I think you would be a valuable contributer to our Topic Tuesday this coming Tuesday if that's something you would be interested in or even if you just wanted to follow along. Details here 

Paperdaisy😊

Thanks so much for taking the time to share @Malus. An inspirational story.

Thank you

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance