Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: A new start (kind of)

@MDT Sorry I had to leave last night - was extremely nauseous again and super tired. Feeling better this morning but still tired. Should be okay once I get moving though.

As for the situation with your Dad - it is probably one of those situations where you need to try to have a conversation with him. I know that is super hard and very tricky - and the fallout could be massive but if it is giving you so many questions and causing you so much stress then mybe the questions need to be asked. 

I can hear how much this is affecting you and you are definitley concerned that what your Dad is telling you all may not be what he is actually doing but it could very well ne the truth also so it really is a tricky one. This is not the first time you have questioned whether he is telling you all the truth and continued questioning of what he is really doing can build up and affect your trust in him. I suppose that is the big question here - do you trust him - and that is a very big question to ask yourself before you approach him directly. So much to consider before you do or say anything. Ultimately whether you say or do anything it needs to be a decision you make for yourself as well as the rest of your family - so a pretty precarious position it places you in. It is not an easy one at all and you need to be able to say to yourself either way that you have done what makes you feel okay with it all.

Whatever you decide and whatever you do or do not say do so with all the information you have squarely in front of you. I honestly do not know what I would do in the same situation here though as it really is a hard position to be in. I suppose it comes down to what you can live with yourself and you need to be guided by that before you act on your own feelings or not.

So not an easy position to be in at all and can completely understand your inner dilemma here @MDT Smiley Sad

Thanks @Zoe7
I appreciate your points.

I will have to have a think about it I reckon. It's not easy and I don't want to make a rash decision.

Thanks though.

Hope you have a good day

It is a really hard thing to think about let alone face your Dad with @MDT There are so many variables to consider and either way you go there will be fallout - I don't know what is best in your situation but it has to be something you are confident enough to do.

Very much been thinking about you today buddy - not at all an easy for you.

Thanks @Zoe7

I was thinking about it a bit on my walk this evening.
Honestly the best approach is distance. It's too much a hot button issue. Not my area of concern.

It does bug me but that's no reason to do anything. I can't pretend to know so it's best to simply ignore it and move on from it.

It's weird but I have slowly come to terms with it for now.

It's wrong and I don't support it. But that's that.

No more is needed.

Meanwhile I am happy with where I am in life. Hopefully will get this job from last week as one of my referees spoke to them today.

If I don't get it then I have an interview august at least for the disability royal commission. So that's gonna be good. If I get it of course. The there is also the business I'm helping create with some others so thats good.

But slowly things come together. The girl I was talking to from Poland has now got a bf so I have had to move on from that.

There has been a lot of moving on in life for the past couple of months. Both positive and negative.

You have come a long way @MDT both in your thinking about work and you wise consideration about the issue with your Dad. Sometimes we need to pull back and actually do nothing - and as hard as it can be to do nothing it may also be what is best for us. That does not change what may or may not be going on but it does allow you to sit with your feelings knowing that you have made a decision that is best for yourself. It is still not easy but a wise decision for you. 

As for the girl in Poland - it is sad for you but the distance does make it difficult as well. What you should take out of that however is that you did connect with someone and so that can certainly happen again - you have so much to offer, so much care and compassion that there is someone out there that you will connect with and them with you Smiley Very Happy

Indeed @Zoe7
For now I am concerned with finances and work which is a giant hurdle atm. Then relationships and such can come next.
Atm I am cooking veg with dinner as mum fell down while painting today. Her, dad and my sister all did some of it today. I steer clear of it lol.
Drinking some of my whisky too lol

I am still struggling with finances too @MDT My pdoc today bulk billed so that really helped. I am waiting to be paid for a couple of the extra days I did and the last pay pretty much went on the mortgage and vet bills. I am expecting that next month I will be more on an even keel but it would be good to pick up a couple of extra days this term to help out as well.

I hope your mum is okay - did she fall off a ladder or lower? Any fall is not good - I hurt my back tripping over things in the garage last year and falling onto other things - too months to feel better after that and a lot of physio. Great that you are all helping her out Smiley Very Happy

Nah she missed a step down is all @Zoe7
Luckily she fell onto a step so it broke the fall. She just got shaken by it and had to lie down.
I fell onto the wall and got paint on my bum. Lol. Luckily the paint washed out of tracksuit pants quick though.

I am now watching survivor with dad. Dreadful TV lol but I will just make fun of it.
We had a nice dinner with the four of us.

Finances are a bum. My gp bulk bills which is good. My psych is on MHCP but that's expired now so I'll need to "dig deep". My folks help me with the cost though which is good. Haven't seen my pdoc since March when we discussed not going OS.

But anyways.

You sound like you are enjoying the teaching. Nothing worse than a teacher who hates teaching. Your kids are lucky to have you as their teacher

https://youtu.be/-M2jSzLBzK4

hamso re your tipple lol Cat Happy @MDT 

Thanks for that vote of confidence @MDT It helps when you like your job and I am so lucky to be where I am with a supportive staff.

I am just cooking dinner here - a bit late but I was home late too. At least I have tomorrow off so a little later of a night tonight won't matter too much.

My GP bulk bills as well and so is my psych too for now. My MHCP runs out soon too so will need to pay for the ongoing sessions. I may need to stretch them out for the rest of the year - it isn't easy some weeks working and then going to appointments afterwards. It often makes the nights harder after a session and I feel really tired the next day so spacing them out a bit may be a good option.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance