Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Confused1
Contributor

A new diagnosis

Hi every one. I haven't been in here in a while but today i have finally got a new diagnosis from my psychologist. I have complex PTSD or C-PTSD, with major depressive episodes. I feel as if a weight has been lifted off my sholders and i can finaly start my road to recovery, i have to keep reminding myself that my disorder is a very serious one because i still feel as though my actions and thoughts are still unjustified in my reality and it will still take some time to fully understand the seriousness of it I have now also reconnected with all my family again and when i thought no one cared or loved me actually was quite the opposite. I went missing last monday night (7th) for 3 hours and i couldn't remeber how i got there or what i was going to do i just know that i had absolutely no contol what so ever on what i was thinking or doing, i felt as though i was 'floating' around all day and i was empty, it was like some one else was in my body making me do it, i just know that right before i lost my memory my head started to feel cloudy and my insides started to feel as if they were being twisted and i felt as tho i could not breath and as i was driving i felt light headed and then it went blank, now i only get flashes of being under a tree on the waters edge at the lake. I was absolutely terrified when i came back to it and relised where i was and called my sister -in-law . It wasn't untill i came home and seen how much my family loves me and are there for me.
4 REPLIES 4

Re: A new diagnosis

Hey, that's cool things are looking up for you - it's always a hard road to recovery and it's always nice to see progress. I hope it continues to get better for you.

Hi @Confused1

I'm not sure we've 'met' before, so it's nice to meet you (apologies if we have met before!).

Sounds pretty scary to experience a blackout. Can I ask if you've had one of these before?

Must have been a terrifying experience @Confused1, though the result sounds fantastic. Discovering you have more care & support than you expected must feel so good.

Hoping your new diagnosis helps as much as mine did. Takes time still, but the results can be great. Let us know how things go.

Take care.

Those kind of blanks would terrify and confuse me. I have just been reading about Somatic Experiencing, which seems relevant to PTSD. Good luck and I am glad you have a supportive family.
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance