Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: A Life of Trauma and Tragedy (Possibly Triggering Content)

You're worth it @Enelia8 and we understand your concentration and emotional energy is at an all time low.
So sorry your bil can't make it. Not fair. I couldn't get to my dad's funeral in December but they most venues are skilled with Livestream, on the big tv with two view options of the chapel, it helped. Though we do miss out on that face to face support. A bit hard to alter plans on the ling weekend. I hope enough do come. Will any of his army buddies be there do you know? Are you getting any help from anyone, or doing it all yourself? Don't be afraid to ask for help, to delegate. I was glad when the church ladies offered to do refreshments after the service. I didn't know I was supposed to lead the way to wave her off... I just slipped out a side door and went home (much to my sister's disgust). I hope you do better than me. It's Tuesday isn't it? Let us know the time of day, We'll all be with you in spirit, I'll light a candle. Nearly done Em, everyone disappears after the funeral and you'll get some well earned rest. Love ya Em 💜🌸💜🌸💜

Today we pay respect to the young men and women who bravely served their country and its people, in war zones around the world.

These young sailors, soldiers and airmen, left our safe harbour bound for war-torn distant shores and hostile waters.

Too many never returned, and many more returned mentally and physically damaged forever.

My husband was a junior recruit, enlisting prior to his 16th birthday. A young country lad excited at the prospect of seeing the world.  He was in war zones before his 18th birthday and served with distinction for 20 years.

However, military service rarely ends with retirement from the forces.  Veterans cannot leave behind the horrors of war.  They cannot un-see the things they have needed to see, do or endure in the performance of their duties.

Adding to the traumas of war, Vietnam veterans suffered the indignity of being shunned by the people of Australia on return from the Vietnam conflict. The Vietnam war was not a popular war and the veterans returned home to protests, with protestors even spitting with disgust at veterans.  My husband often spoke of that to me, and I think it hurt him very deeply.  As it did so many of his colleagues.

So today I pay respect to all veterans, both living and passed, who served our country so well through all avenues of war.  People like your Dad @Former-Member  and my husband. 

I will be attending the local ANZAC service in our small town. Even though he was unable to march due to ill health the last 3 years, we were always there for the service. It was a very important day on the calendar for him. I will be there again today, crying tears of loss. Be assured that you served your country well. Rest in peace now my love.

Emelia 💔

Image result for anzac day

089FF25B-6C1E-4019-B99A-818DD37EBD79.jpeg

Thinking of you this morning my precious @Emelia8 

Great big, soft, gentle loving hugs as you remember your very brave soldier.

💜💚💜🇻🇬

thinking of you this morning @Emelia8  xxxoooHeart

Thinking of you this morning @Emelia8 💕

Thank you to all of the brave soldiers, thank you to your hubby. I am sorry they were mis treated and disrespected, so wrong on so many levels. You are a wonderful, loving wife honouring your hubby and his mates today Em. Thinking of you and sending hugs and love to you @Emelia8 

Screenshot_2021-04-25-10-41-50-47.jpg

@Emelia8 wishing you a good day hon.

You are in my thoughts a lot.

Love and hugs 💞💞💞💞

@Emelia8 

Beautiful Memorial.

Heart

I doubt I would have survived if not for the input of Legacy.

Heart

@Emelia8 

Great post Em - I take ANZAC Day seriously too - one of my grandfathers was an ANZAC - the other was in the British Expiditionary Forces - actually both my grandfathers served in the same battles and I often wonder if they ever met never knowing they would share three grandchildren. They both died of war related conditions and I never met my mother's father

Personally I served in the CMF for a short time but during peace. My family members often served so yes - I feel ANZAC Day is a day to remember those who served in any capacity but especially during time of war

The war in Vietnam is particularly painful for so many - such an unpopular war if any war could be anything else. My brother had mates who served in Vietnam - they were never the same and it was and still is a tragic loss to families, friends, communities and to history itself.

And tomorrow is the big day - funerals are so confronting. It won't be easy for you - and I understand how coming home alone might be for you. I wish - like many others here - that I could be there to go home with you and stay with you. Have a special treat to share perhaps. Of just sit - let you talk or cry or be silent. 

We can be with you on-line though - 

I'm sending my love and best thoughts - my dear friend

Dec

em 6.jpg

You are still on my thoughts my love. 
@Emelia8 ❣️🌸

you too @Anastasia 💗🦋

sending you both love and hugs 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance