Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Cazchri
Contributor

Worried and Fuming

Hi guys, thank god there is a safe and anonymous place to vent. Ok told you guys in my last post that I am recovering from a big op and grieving for our foster baby who has been returned to parents. Was coping with your support with both of these issues BUT now have a massive personal issue really really dragging me down and obsessing me and causing stress with my husband and I. Here goes, this is also embarrassing for me to write We have a car loan and have had it for 5 years. We secured this car loan when we were living in the city and both had high paying jobs. Due to circumstances we are no longer in the city and because of my depression etc I am unable to hold down a long term job, therefore I foster care as this is where my passion lies. Loan was with Es until they sold to Ma earlier this year. We arnt meeting our whole payments and therefore have arrears. Es were brilliant with me, every single phone call they treated me with respect and we always came to some kind of amnicable solution. Ma don't treat me with respect. We applied for hardship. They declined application due to us having a deficit, fucked if I can understand what they are on about. They transferred me to late arrears loans. The guy tells me that we need to automatically surrender our car. I said no as it was a 70 000 dollar car initially and we now only owe 22 000!!! Why would I surrender car after paying that much off it and still paying a payment each week, although not a amount that they think we can magically pull out of our backside. I have offered a certain amount a week. They have said no. Have requested they refinance loan as repayments for a 22 thousand $ loan as opposed to a much larger loan will reduce payments. They have said no. All they are interested in is forcing me back to work, they tell me every phone call to get a job. I am not doing this full stop as its not good for my health. This hurts me, makes me feel like a mental health condition is non existent. My next steps to deal with this saga are 1. Speak to somebody higher at Ma, not getting my hopes up for help but have to do this before contacting ombudsman which will become step 2. 3.Also we are going to advertise car for sale and make Ma aware of this so this should give us some breathing space as we can't sell a car overnight right. 4. We will also attempt to refinance the loan ourselves. Well thank you so much for reading if you have read this boring post to the end. It has really helped me writing this as i feel a bit more calmer, well at least until tomorrow when I make the next required phone call.
5 REPLIES 5

Re: Worried and Fuming

Personally I would recommend that you contact the ombudsman asap. You can still attempt to negotiate an arrangement with someone higher up in the company while you're waiting for a response from the ombudsman.
You can also look in to refinancing now as well. You may need to go with a company that charges higher interest but at least you should be able to refinance for what you owe rather than the original amount.
Good Luck @Caschri

@Kurra Thankyou so much for responding. It's a relief to know that I am on the right track. Will try to speak to somebody higher tomorrow and start my ombudsman application.

Hi @Cazchri

How did you go with it all? did they refinance in the end? or did the ombudsman help?

I hope things are looking a little more hopeful at this point

@Cazchri. If the ombudsman is not able to help, you could also try legal aid.
The way this company is treating you is horrendous. You deserve better.
I hope this issue is resolved in your favour soon.

Yayyy, I did my whole ombudsman application. 3000 words,then rang him. He said send the whole complaint to the bank and ask if they r going to work with me or should I submit this complaint. To cut a long story short, I deal with a really nice team leader from the bank and we are now able to pay the original weekly amount requested. I am so happy that I followed this through as I usually feel intimidated. It took a lot of work but at least we r in a good position now. Thankyou everyone for your support x
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance