Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Former-Member
Not applicable

Re: Work-related PTSD

Oh dear. That's not good. Do you have some sick leave you could take today? Or is there a friendly HR person you could talk to?

@MG1990.l wonder if you are seeing a psychologist or even your gp. Let them know how you are feeling / not coping at the moment. Maybe an assessment with a good psychiatrist may also be of help.
I know that feeling of worrying all weekend that you have to go back to work on Monday (or whatever day). It can paralyse you.
As much as we need money for rent food etc, we also need to look after our mental health first. These 2 priorities don't always mix. It sounds like you need a break. Can you get a medical cert from your gp? If you are or have been under WorkCover - get a workcover cert.
Former-Member
Not applicable

Great advice!

Hi MG1990,

Hope you are OK.

Do you know if you have access to Wellbeing and Suppot services through your uni. I never accessed the support services when I went to uni, but it might worth looking into. Let us know how you are getting on. Daz.

Hi i have joined tonight, stumbled across it really. Am probably in wrong area,am lost both on here and at home. partner (of 2yrs) is a cop and in last year had 3 physcological break downs,and self medicating.  i know its ptsd with all the he has seen and dealt with over the 25 years, with no support, just on to the next tasking.

Drs diagnose schizophrenia - probably, its wot they are treating for

he has been off work since last break/hospitalization, and depression has been getting worse, disconnecting from the family, isolating himself, no motivation and sleeps most of the day away, he also feels he doesnt deserve to be happy.

I was going to leave him as each episode became so much worse than the last, to the point of insanity from what we saw and  went through, and i cant even begin to imagine the anguish he was suffering. 

i stayed when he begged me too, as he didnt want to be alone, yet that is exactly the way it has become here. I sleep on the couch when i can eventually fall asleep.

It has been so hard and i dont know what to do anymore, for either one of us. i try to sheild my sons the best i can. He doesnt see his kids due to crazy ex, which just adds to his despair.

I try to include him in everything but it seems pointless as i may aswel do it myself, which sounds awful.

i am tired and need help any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance