Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Walking for Wellness

@TAB @Adge @Dimity @SmilingGecko @Glisten 

Hey guys,

I use Map my Walk which is a free app. You just have to remember to start it and stop it when you go out walking 

okay fair enough @Oaktree  will have a look. just watered front lawn and bushes as needed it and not done in weeks plus 4 days in a row over 37 coming up . 30mins standing up and bit knackered ha ha ,ok was a bit before started from doing nothing lol

would not surprise me if have blood clots in lungs again, the way I feel. they seem dead set against checking for things here as opposed to in WA

@TAB @Oaktree @Adge @SmilingGecko @Glisten I just used Google Maps to check my usual route and was pleasantly surprised,  it's twice the distance I expected. I won't try to say the time or distance as I've been reprimanded before but I'm happy. I'm meeting exercise guidelines... but realise I should do more. 

very good @Dimity  I need to get back to what was my bare minimum lol

checked BP before was normal while in hosp etc , just pulse high, now BP low and pulse normal lol

I don't often check mine @TAB but BP is up and down, can be very high. Heart rate usually high-ish, I had to be sedated for CT angiogram. Anxiety and stress don't help. 

Do you meditate?

hm no, never really meditated @Dimity  prob something to look at .

Well hopefully the hot weather is now dissipating. Was able to get out for a lovely afternoon walk. Its been a while being unable to get outdoors because of the heat. Hoping to get back into it. I did not tire afterwards. No recovery time needed. My overall vitality has improved. Lets hope the Melbourne weather stays moderate. Could do with a more brisk walk but my pace was ok for today.  How are you going with your walking/exercise habits lately?

@Dimity @Oaktree @Adge @Glisten 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance