Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: The magic of tidying

@Dimity wrote:

I've been having trouble reading and sewing.

Very sorry to hear, @Dimity  😞

I too find papers hard to deal with and throw out. One solution I came up with was to scan or photograph the paper and then upload it onto my computer. A bit of a hassle but then I can throw the paper out. 

Thanks for the suggestion @NatureLover . I might consider scanning further down the track. At the moment I'm discarding most of it, either recycling or shredding. 

Today I sorted some cookbooks for the op shop.

Discarding is best, I agree! @Dimity 

Well done on the cook books. 

..ohh .. just a thought @Dimity  may be able to drop shredding off at library .. saw shredding bin at DES job place  they thought it was a bit odd, but said it was okay if I brought stuff in and put it in shredding bin, well someone comes to empty it even if empty lol

Thanks @TAB I've got a shredder and I'm allowed to put small amounts of shredded paper in the green waste bin. So I'm doing it in batches. 

ah okay @Dimity fair enough. I was trying to avoid buying one, as dont really need it, well till you need it

I pulled stuff away from the wall to get my new a/c installed and now I don't want to put it all back. And now I've reached that interim goal I've run out of puff. My psychologist reminded me I can only eat the elephant one bite at a time. But I can't help thinking of the 5 or 6 blind wise men who couldn't agree on what an elephant looked like (going by what parts felt like). 

I'm so tired. I was tripping over a half forgotten metaphor of meaning or moral growth as emergent, revealed by whittling down or attrition like a sculpture from a block of marble. I need vision, I don't want to cull the wrong stuff. Took me a while but Professor Google helped. 

Joseph Addison said

A statue lies hid in a block of marble, and the art of the statuary only clears away the superfluous matter and removes the rubbish. The figure is in the stone; the sculptor only finds it. What sculpture is to a block of marble, education is to a human soul. The philosopher, the saint, or the hero,--the wise, the good, or the great man,--very often lies hid and concealed in a plebeian, which a proper education might have disinterred, and have brought to light.

Hi Everyone

With the arrival of my plumber, bathroom cupboard successfully emptied (process included separating rubbish) in 15mins. Then re-stocked within 20mins. All labels forward and items grouped by purpose.

same day…

Fridge stopped working. Freezer contents sorted and transferred to downstairs freezer in 15 mins. Emptying of main fridge contents undertaken by house mate in 10mins. Did not participate in re-stocking of fridge.

The odd thing is that neither of these challenges caused hysteria. I seems that tidying can be relatively easy even when the pressure’s on…

I guess it's easier when it's just transferring stuff to the "right" location @Delicatessen . 

Today I did more papers (skim read, make a decision,  file or recycle or shred) then tackled a box of bric-a-brac (unwrap, contemplate, agonise, rewrap & pack for op shop or place lovingly on display). Plodding on.

I'd like get into the garden but it will be 36 on Saturday. 

Sending you good vibes for your kitchen @NatureLover

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance