Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Survivors of Childhood Abuse

@BlueBay  I'll have time to myself tomorrow night so I might stay in and see how a letter goes. Should probably go and tip out all the alcohol in the house before I do it though I reckon 

Mmm might be a good idea @saltandpepper 

if you're feeling like you need to chat or vent let me know 

I'm feeling really down 

like sh*t 

I'm feeling very sorry for myself snd useless 

my doctor has given me a certificate for centrelink until  middle June 

hopefully physically snd mentally better 

Useless and hopeless is how I'm feeling 

sorry to post here. 

Hey that's OK, and you're always welcome to tag me in your posts for a chat--in case I miss them.

I'm sorry to hear you're having a rough time of it. Try not to beat yourself up. Use this down time to rest, recover, and work on creating some new positive routines. But rest first, just rest.

You're not at all useless, we all have periods in time where we can't do anything. We've gotta learn to be OK with that, I think. And just know that we need those down times to look after our minds and bodies. If we don't stop, it gets ugly. 

@BlueBay sorry hadn't quite finished there, managing to post accidentally. Anyway, was just trying to say that if we keep pushing when our minds and bodies are telling us not too, that's when things (at least for me) become messy.

But having said all that, I know it's hard not to feel that way, and I've been there too. But for someone who is feeling useless, you've managed to give me some momentum. And that's saying another given what I wreck I was just a week ago.

I am grateful to you

@BlueBay *that's saying alot*

Fu*king auto correct shit on this phone

yes I was abused as a child by the same person multiple times,I wont go into much more detail as Ive just disclosed some of this kind of information today to whom I call Care Bear his reaction was supportive and understanding,had to deal with some emotions and accept that it will always be hard to disclose,it felt right to tell him at this point so at least going forward he better understands thats all Ill say.

Glad to have you here @LostAngel and well done on opening up to Care Bear. I'm really glad his response was kind and supportive--as it always should be. What a great step forward you've made and I'm so glad you shared it here with us. Never feel the need to share more than you're comfortable with, we all understand it's not easy and also not necessary. Share as much or as little as you like, we'll support you either way. 

Thank you for sharing, I hope the bond you share with Care Bear is all the more stronger now

Thank You @saltandpepper I appreciate your kind response Heart

Hey @BlueBay just wanted to check in and see how you're doing?

Hi @saltandpepper  

I'm not doing great. At home with heater on.  I'll tag you now in my own post. You can read there what's been happening. 
hope you're well. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance