Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Self care- walking and cycling

I think I have done enough for one day @Former-Member , @Ali11 Heart

@Jacques 

Noticed you mentioned you have started walking again.   You may like to document your progress here. 😀

hi @Former-Member , what a wonderful page to setup, my first day i did 500m, and the rest of the week i did 1km, what my target was, im going to do that for one month to get my lungs capable of going further.

wonderful @Jacques  Heart

thankyou my friend 🙂

@Jacques  it was @Determined  who set this page up. I just try and offer encouragement 😀 .

Am huffing and puffing a bit less on the hill section of our dog walk. 

Speaking of @Determined... how is your exercise going? Looks like you're inspiring a few of us on here Heart 

Haha @Ali11  not as well as it needs to be. 

Gp asked me last visit about my bike riding (meaning cyling) 

I replied it was great and I usually felt pretty relaxed after (meaning motorbike)

Haha she got my reply rolled her eyes and said not that bike 😅🤣

Weather has cleared up though so aiming to start walking to uni and work again which is about 2km each way. 

Riding some of the roads (on motorbike) over the weekend that my darling used to cycle on 😨😯

She was hoping I would get out there wuth her at some point when she gets her fitness back. Cant see I will ever get that good. (One stretch affectionately known as gentle annie by the cyclists- long winding grade of 15%) I recon even the motorbike was puffing dragging me over it lol.  Darling used to do it twice on a 150km round trip. 

One block at a time @Determined Smiley Happy You'll conquer that long winding grade when you're ready, and just getting out a couple of times a week will get you there. Have you thought about an accountabili-buddy? It was a term used on South Park once, but just involves picking a friend who has a goal, and both of you hold each other accountable for doing something towards that goal each day. Quite a fun concept, but choosing the right friend for it is key Smiley LOL

That's impressive that your darling would do a 150km round trip!

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance