Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Former-Member
Not applicable

Re: Safe Haven

The scenery is just so beautiful isn't it @outlander That's what I enjoy the most about any jigsaw I decide to work on, the feelings the scenery evokes. It needs to be peaceful or uplifting in some way, or funny, there's a few things it can be that are satisfactory for me to spend my time working on them. No point doing something for pleasure if it isn't giving me pleasure, I think. 

I realised part way through a tv series I was watching that the behaviour of the protagonists (there were multiple)  was just making me really cross. I realised I could stop partway through, so did. Who knows why I didn't realise it earlier, perhaps ingrained habits about not giving up?  Weird stuff there in our minds sometimes... weird stuff. 

I wrote a bit of a post about resolve/ determination over in Hamsolo's Making Order out of Chaos. 

I figure there's no  one else who is going to help me, hon, so I just either have to do it myself, or give up on myself. Sometimes I have trouble with that decision, but usually, I find there's a reason I want to keep on keeping on. But, yeah, I get so so tired and so so fed up at times. 

Thank you for your kind words, it helps keep going. I hope your evening treats you well, you deserve something easy and pleasant in your life! Heart

it really is beautiful @Former-Member i agree whats the point in doing somethig thats suppose to bring pleasure but doesnt. i like your thinking. i did read your post on the chaos thread, it was well written indeed. well.. im more than happy to help you any way that i can even if it means listenign to you vent, encouragement, chats, crafty talk- whatever you want to talk about. im here for you and even though your alone, you dont have to be alone with us here Heart 

nh.png

Former-Member
Not applicable

Well, I made it through the day and the intrusive thoughts and feelings did not derail my intentions for the day. I even made some phone calls to organise some items and to get an online order form fixed.

The great thing from one call was that the specials I could not take advantage of due to that form problem were not only fixed, but the specials for the items I wanted at that price were honoured because they could see the same problem. 

A couple of wins where I was prepared for there to be only problems. Nice. 

I'm feeling improved. I have some of my mind back.

Each tiny bit of change toward improvement is a help, a win in the overall game of life I'm playing in. 

Former-Member
Not applicable

Thank you @outlander what a beautiful image, so relaxing to look at. Thank you for your kind words too, you're a kind and generous person, you are appreciated! 

---------------------------------------

I've put the Hat Trick on hold for now while I focus on healing this infection, but it's still sitting percolating away in my mind. 

The physical unwellness is very debilitating still, but I managed to sweep the patio and water the new seedlings, some of which are coming up already. I'm too sick to get too excited about it yet, but that will hopefully change soon. 

My normal routine has been disrupted completely, and it's annoying that I can't do my daily tidying of things so everything is nice and neat. 

The jigsaw had to go away for now until I can find a place with a large enough space to accomodate it without it getting in the way of other things. 

Today - there are no real ideas or plans for today as yet ... some tidy things to do as I can manage them, and the inevitable crafting. 

Yes, just a slow day today and see where it leads.... that sounds like as good a plan as any. 

Oh @Former-Member im sorry I missed your last msg!

Im glad you made it through the other day without too mnay issues. Sounds like a good couple of wins you had.

I think focussing on your infection is a good idea, I find I we are physically sick its really hard to get mh stuff sorted. So now is the time to 'float' have you ever heard of that term?

Please take it easy and have a nice slow day. Perhaps some of your tatting and/or crochetting will help keep your mind occupied for a little while?

Also if your bored theres a site called pintrest and you can create your own idea boards (both shared public or just private depending on how you share it) I find theres quite a lot of ideas for crafty stuff on there too.

sending lots of hugs Heart Heart

hello @Former-Member HeartHeart

Former-Member
Not applicable

Hello @Shaz51 how lovely to see you here.

How are you going if I may ask? If you're tired of saying or don't wish to, that's perfectly okay, as I understand you've been having a pressured time of things. 

@Shaz51i love seeing your little bird pop up everywhere Smiley Very Happy it always gve me a little smile. 

@Former-Member

12.jpg13.png@Former-Member

Former-Member
Not applicable

'float' - Not that I can recall @outlander and no need to be concerned about missing a message - I sometimes don't tag because everyone is going through their own stuff, and if they are wandering the board and find me and this thread and want to say something, that's okay too. 

I expect it's something like 'floating above all the stress', letting it just pass by, yes?

Craft sites are very time consuming and inspiring for me, so yeah, I have just a few (probably hundreds) bookmarked. No social media sites though, so pinterest only lets me see a few things  before it goes to black shadow over everything. I have found a way to get to the original 'pins' if I want more detail though, so I win! 

Sooo many pretties ... so many ... 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance