Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

utopia
Senior Contributor

REMISSION

So i have MDD and Anxiety. Have had it for 6 years. But around September last year i started feeling better. Noticed i wasn't feeling depressed. Rather than excite me, i told myself it was just a short reprieve and the depression would be back to haunt me.

Seven months that remission lasted. And then i did start to slide back into my depression. Bugger! I knew it wouldn't last. 

So after a few months i finally spoke to my psychiatrist and told him how sick i was getting again. So he sent my pharmacist a script.

I take a high dose anti depressant. A low dose anti psychotic. And now i also take a medium dose of a mood stabiliser. What a difference it has made!

Within a week of starting the mood stabiliser, my depression had gone. I was laughing at Mrs Browns Boys on the tv again. Feeling wonderful.

So yes, im in remission again. But this time it feels really stable. I actually believe i have a good chance of remaining depression free for a long, long time.

This post is not to brag, but to hopefully provide some light to others that have been suffering from Depressions grip. Maybe you too will soon go into remission. Maybe you too will be able to fully laugh again. A big belly laugh. I hope that you can.

9 REPLIES 9

Re: REMISSION

@utopia Now for the compensation case to finally be over and you get what you deserve - then maybe you can really begin to 'live' again Hon. I really hope that is sorted soon for you my beautiful cocky friend - you deserve nothing less Heart

@Zoe7 ❤

Owlunar
Senior Contributor

This is fantastic news @utopia 

I think this is great and you are not bragging at all - I've known you for a few years now and I have read about your on-going struggle and also your brief respite in the past and I am really delighted to read how well you are doing now

And a belly-laugh - this is a great way to build up endorphines that make us feel better - and that must be a great feeling after battling for so long

What a great post to read today

Dec

Hello and Hugs @utopia 

Smiley Happy

It is really good to hear from you.  Nah, you're not bragging, just happy to be able to laugh again, and spread the good news.  One Aussie culture I grew up with, in housing commission flats, was very heavy handed, cutting people down about bragging when it suited. I barely got a word in, had me head kicked in and was glad to ship out and leave that behind and bury me head in books.  Made up by getting my word in here on the forums.  Sorry, hope it has not been too hard to handle.

Medication has made a big difference and gotten me thru these last 4 difficult years.  Still cautious about it tho.

I was just sharing with the boyz a link about different calls of crows and ravens.  Thought you might appreciate.

https://nature-mentor.com/crows-vs-ravens/ 

Cheers

Thanks @Appleblossom . Loved the different call sounds of the Crows and Ravens. I love my bird songs. I find them very relaxing.

Thanks @Owlunar 

I'm so happy to hear that @utopia 

You are bringing some light to the forum by sharing good news x

That is such a good and hopeful post to read, @utopia ! I'm very happy for you. 

Thank you @NatureLover @frog .

Here's hoping others have some good news soon.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance