Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Partners who chose to stay for the long haul

Yikes @Former-Member  both you and @Shaz51  not sleeping well.

images (13).jpeg

Bath soak sounds heavenly @Former-Member .... 👍

Ours had become a dumping ground for mr.f&h’s exercise clothes n stuff, but I am taking a note here .... think I am going to invest in some cheap washing baskets and move mr.f&h’s exercise stuff every time he goes away, and give myself a soak in the tub .... 👍💕

@Faith-and-Hope  @Former-Member images (14).jpeg

😄 @Former-Member 

ha ha @Former-Member Smiley Very Happy

sounds like a good idea @Faith-and-Hope Heart

@Former-Member, I have a small square bath tub , soak half of me Smiley LOL

Perhaps an inflatable tub @Shaz51 might give you the full bathing experience 😀 basic to luxury models available.images (15).jpeg

images (17).jpeg

When our loved one suffer physical injury on top of their MI, it makes it that much harder for us as carers.  When we are not well, we are not at our best; throw in MI ... yikes. Inflammation + MI = extra 😬😬 and as carers we know too well this means an extra load on our plates. We don't want to be a burden to our family and friends and all too often we shoulder the load alone which can affect our own well being. 

Perhaps a few of us can share some things that have been helpful in seeing us through these times.

@Former-Member  I have to confess that possibly like many of us here at times like that my self care goes out the window and I possibly overdo things in the support arena. And as you said asking for help from close family or friends is hard as I feel the need to explain things to take the heat of darling.  Something I am getting better at and able to ask 2 people particularly to step in and provide company when I need time out. 

For me the biggest thing has been letting myself trust someone else to support my darling (and that is more about me than those around us). And being able to ask for a visit without having to explain anything enabling me to not be so isolated. 

Good job @Determined 👍 

@Shaz51 Hugs back

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance