Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Partners who chose to stay for the long haul

@Determined 

Learning to live without a loved one = 😔

hugs @Determined  HeartHeart

Uncle is not good @Former-Member , @Former-Member 

Mum walked 20 meters with her new hip with a walker and the physio , very tired and uncomfortable

have to get two wheel walkers for mum`s house , one upstairs and one downstairs

family are a bit upset as she could be in hospital for only a weeek , so aunty and cousins are giving me lots of advice ( some are unneeded )

i agree I think see needs more than that

They discharge patients from hospital so quickly @Shaz51. Mr Darcy did have the district nurse come round to attend to his dressings post op.  As his surgery was planned, an OT came and looked at our house and advised what we would need.  Since Mum's last fall, she has had a physio come round to help her with balance exercises, I believe for 8 weeks, perhaps organised with GP help. 

Yes mum  had a physio who gave her  balance exercises to do at home and we also have railings on the steps, in the bathroom, toilet , now to get the wheel walkers

I see the dietician has seen mum in hospital already

I feel guilty for not staying a long time with mum with visiting -- mum is falling asleep all the time

on thursday mr shaz stayed with me while mum went into surgery and back to the ward , then he had to drive 60kms back home

that night I was soo tired from not sleeping at all the night before and had pains between my shouldre bones , I had to bite my tounge with what mr shaz was saying that night @Former-Member 

@Determined, @Faith-and-Hope , @Former-Member , @Lisek , @Sasha_86 

@Shaz51 sensitivity not one of the twin's strong points either esp when unwell 😔

@Shaz51 hope you get better sleep tonight. 

It is hard to find balance when we need to work too.

very true on both messages @Former-Member Heart

Hi @Former-Member 👋

Hi @Former-Member   👋🌸

Also @Shaz51  @Faith-and-Hope  @Determined 

I've had a quiet weekend mostly Darcy.  How about you?

While hubby was at his mates place across the road this afternoon, I even took the opportunity to have a nice relaxing soak in the bath. 🛀  🧡

This much cooler weather we have now is much nicer to be able to enjoy such luxuries.  

I would dearly love to get some decent sleep at night, but alas thats unlikely to happen over the next week or two.

Sherry 🌼💕

a nice relaxing soak in the bath, that sounds lovely my friend @Former-Member Heart

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance