Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

BlueBay
Senior Contributor

Moving house

Hi @NikNik @CherryBomb @Owlunar @utopia @Faith-and-Hope @Zoe7 @outlander @Former-Member @Shaz51 @oceangirl @Phoenix_Rising and any others I may have forgotten 🙂

I am stressing to the max.  Come home from holidays and it is full on with packing stuff and sorting through stuff.  Putting stuff aside for garage sale (this coming saturday) and stuff to take to new home.

I can't do it all.  Hubby has next 2 weeks off which is good, he is helping but a lot of things I need to go through.  i am walking around the hosue in a daze thinking 'what the hell am i going tyo do; how on earth am i going to get all this done".  I am feeling very overwhgelmed.

I am scared that it won't get done.  There is stress reg. sale and deposit not going through yet.  received a phone call from our solicitor friday afternoon, money hasn't gone through yet.  i am so stressed.  i just wnt to hide away and cry.

i now wish i didn't have a holiday.  

i received a phone call from the hspital this morning and they said they don't have a bed today or anytime soon. but that  could change.  she siad she will keep me informed.

i saw my own GP this morning, he said i have made a start to my recovery and that he was happy to see me.  i told him that i am scared of opening up too much of myself in case of breaking down.  the past 3 weeks in hospital have been rerally hard with a lot of emotional healitng and going through my trauma and talking about missing my dad. 

i wish i could just disappear, i know i say this a lot; but really i can't deal with this anymore.  it is so hard, stressful and i am sytarting to panic.  i can't even tyupe properly, my fingers are not typing as fast as i want to talk.

better go and do something.  i am so much i just want to cry.

my life is so overwhelming, packing is too hard.

i dont' know if i can do it.

i feel so anxious, sick in the stomach.

it's like the past week we were away and i didn't think about it and now bang today has come and its full on panic, full on  feeling sick; full on overwhelming feeling; full on stress.

21 REPLIES 21

Re: Moving house

@BlueBay I am thinking of you BB. I wish I could do or say more but I am really sorry I am not capable just at the moment. You are always in my thoughts though.

Heart Zoe

Hugs to you @Zoe7

BB HeartHeartHeart

at the moment nothing is working.  i am going from one thing to another.  i can't even complete one stupid box of stuff.

the boys are damn doing nothing.  one is in the garage with hubby agruing about stuff.  OMG i can't hear anymore.

my youngest son has exams soon so he is studyiing when we move.  (great timing) and my daughter is 5 momhts pregnant now so she can't move heavy stuff.

oh i don't know anymore.

is there any @Former-Member on at the moment; i need some advice.  i can't even concentrate. no one is hgelping.

i am going crazy. wish i was back in hospital hiding away. i don't wnt reality anymore.

i don't know what i want anymre.

it's not easy.  and now having hubby home for two more weeks means i "have to hide my mask and tears and emotions" because of him.

I need an escape.  gosh i just had an escape, a holiday what else do i want.

i am so greedy, i am so needy, i am a failure. i am nothing

i swear if my husband doesn't shut up i will disappear 😞 😞

the arguing, the crap

I';m going

Oh hugs @BlueBay

Sounds like your having a rough time!

Its not wrong for ypu to be wanting help. Im sure your kids could ay least start packing things into boxes out of their rooms. Thats not much to ask.

And you shouldnt feel guilty for going away on holiday. You needed that break and coming back to stress isnt the best thing to come back too.

Try settingba goal of completing one box at a time

don't worry everyohe, i'm not coping.  should have stayed away forever from everyone

it's just too hard

i will never get better; or even pack these stupid boxes for the move.

i am so hopeless and stupid

Hi @BlueBay ...... 💙🐬💐💕🌷💜 .....

I can hear how hard it is for you today .....

Can you take a break and go out somewhere for a coffee with your husband or daughter for a while ?

Or go out into the garden and walk around out there for a while ?

Who else is at home with you ?

Sending you hugs and wishing K could be there with you today. Cyber love coming your way .....

💙🐬💕

Hi @BlueBay,

I'm around..I'm just on a chat at the moment. I will be by to read through what is happening for you and chat with you about it very soon.

Is there something you can do until then? Something calming that may help?

Former-Member
Not applicable

Hi @BlueBay

moving is so stressful! Ive been in the same house for the longest period of time in a while now! And it felt impossible at times and was overwhelming. But it is possible and it always happens somehow. Glad your partner has the two weeks off, though I'm hearing that he's stressed and being unhelpful too at the moment! Gah! 

Taking a break sounds like a good idea, a drive/walk to breathe in. 

I usually try to tackle one cupboard/draw at a time. the whole house is too big a picture that its just overwhelming. If you can break it down to a cupboard or a drawer/set of drawers at a time it does seem a little more manageable. Big hugs! keep delegating too, get the kids and husbands to take responsibiility for a few areas and leave them to it. even if stuff gets taken that you might now want anymore, you can sort it out later, the extra pressure is probably too much at the moment. it'll be ok. 

hugs,

lj

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance