Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Maybe I should leave

Thankyou @Former-Member

I am having double thoughts like 1. should i SH yes I can, I can do that quite easily and then the other thought 2. no don't do that your kids will be upset. then i go back to plan 1. then back to plan 2.

it is so crazy in my head.

at the moment i am home with hubby, he has come home. BUT i haven't told him how i am feeling. i struggle to tell him.

Frog i need to stay busy, i need to talk, i don't know what to talk about.  i can't make final decisions at the moment.  i wish there was a hospital bed right now but today there isn't.  I am seeing my GP on tuesday morning and he will call.  maybe i shld see my GP tomorrow morning instead of tuesday.

Frog what do i do?? i am sooo lost today

@Former-Memberand friends

I have just made an appt to see my GP tomorrow morning instead of tuesday.  I made it online.  So i will see him at 9.45am.  Then i will drive with my daughter an hour to see my sister.

I needed to see my GP tomorrow, he needs to know how bad i have been this weekend and maybe he can call the hospital and push for a bed earlier.  I don't care about my finances t the moment, my health is more importnat.  And if my hubby cracks it - well back luck. 

well done @BlueBay, glad you got an earlier app  xx

@Shaz51@Former-Member@girl99@utopia

the tears are here again

why can't i JUST stop being so damn emotiional

all i do is cry

i am so over crying, feeling sad and emotional ALL THE TIME

when will this stop

@Former-Memberdoes a person EVER get over depression, can a person ever recover.

I really don't know if I can recover from depressoin, because just when one issue is over another starts and I am not coping again, is it just me?

Former-Member
Not applicable

@BlueBay, what's bought this on? We're all here for you and understand your history and can't wait for the next update of BabyNews, and to hear about your good days and achievements... Don't you dare leave, just take a break maybe. 

" if in doubt don't.". is my policy mostly 

You don't have to do anything but breathe really. Wait it out 🙂

IMG_20170528_010452.png

@BlueBay

that's such a tricky question; I don't know if people ever totally get over depression.  I heard someone once said that depression is 'anger turned inward'.  I think it is about frustration, anger, unhappiness with the world, AND once you have had horrible experiences and start to see the world in a bad light it is so hard to turn that off and suddenly see the world as a good place. BUT there are some good things.  We just have to look hard to find them. It's so hard I know. The world is kinda messed up. Can you maybe give yourself a challenge tonight to make a list of some good things about the world?  I try to think of a nice memory or something nice I once did and remind myself that if one nice thing once happened to me in my life, then another nice thing could maybe happen in the future too?  It is possible.  

wait for tomorrow my friend @BlueBay HeartHeart

it is not too far now , try to do something else tonight , holding your hand my friend Heart

Former-Member
Not applicable

HI @BlueBay

Sorry for the delay in responding to your posts as the forum has been super busy today.

Well done in booking in an earlier appt with your GP for tomorrow, that's a good pro-active step.

Do people ever recover from depression? Well yes and sometimes no. We know alot about effective treatment these days - some combo of meds (don't work for all), counselling and other therapies, meaningful activities, nutrition and exercise and good social support. These factors seem to predict the best recovery outcomes.

For some people, depression will be a life-long illness that needs to be managed (like asthma). There's always the possibility of an episode but by managing the triggers and following treatment strategies, you will reduce the severity and impact of depression; and have good periods.

Everyone is different and some strategies will be more effective than others. One of the most critical things is managing stress. For tonight, try to follow your self care plan and get ready for a big sleep. You know we are all here with you and will support you as best we can.

All the best,

Frog

@BlueBay This response may be a bit late for you but I want you to know how much you mean to me and how much I love having you around. In saying that - it is your choice, and your choice only on what you decide to do. If you choose to leave then I will miss you so very much - if you choose to stay then you will continue to be listened to, held up and supported by all your friends here.

Love and hugs...

Zoe HeartHeartHeart

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance