Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: I don't know anymore and I need a break from it all

@Shaz51 Does this mean you're actually my real mother? Pretty sure that's what it means

ha ha means i could be your mother @saltandpepper@MDT Smiley Very Happy

I'd consider myself to be very lucky @Shaz51 

@Shaz51 feels right at home here on this thread then haha

@saltandpepper yeah fair. I dunno my friend. I am trying my best and sometimes it feels like 1 step forward, 2 steps back

I won't ask my friend about what happened last night. I'll ask tomorrow. Maybe it can cut through the monday-itis.

I want to know because if nothing happened then I may test the waters again. But anyway. It's all hard these days. I read something very interesting this morning.

This

https://quillette.com/2021/05/13/the-sex-negative-society/

I think it captures a lot the sentiment I have after yesterday. Good timing to find it I think

Smiley LOLSmiley LOL yes papa @TAB 

Er Big Mommas house sorta thing meant soz guys @Shaz51

@MDT well I think that's OK bud, a step forward is still a step forward. Anything you wanna talk about? 

Won't ask but want to know? What are you keen on this chick too?

I dunno, I'm probably not the best person to give advice when it comes to sex--it's a battle for me. But, as a general rule for others, I think it only has to be as complicated as you make it. And after reading through that article you've linked too, I wanna reiterate that you should do a little less thinking there. Less thinking, more doing. But yeah, it's hard for me to see it all clearly. If I could have sex and just enjoy it without retraumatising myself, I'd be jumping at it every chance I had really. It's all fu*ked up and confusing for me now. So, you know, if you're lucky enough to not be living like this, I say just fu*king go for it mate. Don't let all this other shit get in your head, you're young, single, enjoy it 👍

I'm inclined to agree with you @saltandpepper
I think the mores around modern culture and dating are screwed up though and it's why a lot of younger people are becoming depressed with this topic. I guess I am caught between those two groups.

I have had to try a lot and fail. Largely because of my religous youth and what they used to tlak about and teach there. I think a lot of that is still wearing off if that makes sense. I don't wanna go too deep with this, but I basically had to speak a lot with an older church elder about this topic and of course these religious mores around sex and dating were always peppered with the religious underpinning

That said, I also see a lot issues about this topic. People are getting damaged and I think this leads to overly cautious behaviour. I also saw it a lot in my old job - allegations of abuse and violence can be enough to ruin people's careers and self image. I see that a lot too.

Uni was nothing like it should've been in this department. No way. Because at school I didn't have a single female friend. The first female friends I made were at uni.

This whole area is fraught with confusion, askwardness and too much potential pain. I have tried my best to sift through A LOT of it. Slowly it is changing I think.

I am apprehensive because I see the chaos it causes people. No matter how smart you are or how wise you are, I think this is an area that can potentially screw with people's self perception.

I'm rambling on sorry but I think I needed to clarify where I was coming from

In regards to this chick I spoke about - I don't know. But I am finding it weird to have to play the game with another friend... I guess it just highlights how awkward I find this whole topic.

I recently went for a coffee with a girl from an app and when we met it was okay. But I later found out she only wanted something casual. Had I known that maybe my approach would've been different. Reading people's cues can be hard, particularly in this area if I am struggling with it.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance