Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: I don't know anymore and I need a break from it all

got to lose the 'once bitten twice shy ' thing @MDT  try empathy ?

Thanks @saltandpepper

In regards to your very first question - I have absolutely no clue. I think she was seeing and testing the waters idk.

Its all part of the process I suppose

Yeah I'm not a player lol but I guess I have some moments.
Maybe I'm a bit rusty lol
Thanks my friend. I needed to hear that.
There's always next time.

No hangover really here. Just a bit fuzzy probably. Having some coffee now and a bacon and egg roll.

Will sit in the sun after that and maybe read

Agreed @TAB
But idk about enpathy

Yeesh @MDT sounds precarious. And also probably got in the way of you meeting anyone. Wing man for sure, but not your responsibility to go setting everyone up. Look out for youself man.

Bit rusty? Mate, I'm single for the first time in 10 years. Talk about rusty. The less you stress about it the easier it is I think. I mean based on how it went for me on Friday. Zero effort somehow equalled results. And I'm a tossa, so if I can meet someone you sure as hell can bud 👍

Glad you escaped the hangover, that's always fantastic. I was wrecked yesterday

well ring her maybe @MDT 

thanks @saltandpepper
Yeah it's a curious world isn't it with all this stuff.
I must say that the last couple of weeks when I have been more focused on where I am going and what I am doing in life I stopped caring about dating and all that. then last night was a good experience even if it wasn't... if that makes sense

I wll text my friend soon to see what happened. I think last night he and her were sharing their phones and playing funny buggers. If that is the case then I figured it out and even made a joke about with them lol

Can I ask - how old are you ?

Ah right right, not so precarious then.

yeah I dunno, things like that have always seemed to happen to me when I've not been expecting it--or looking for it. But you know, you've got your work & uni shit all on the right track, that's pretty massive. Wish I'd gotten my shit together to do more with myself.

I'm glad it was still a good night for ya.

I turned 31 not too long ago, but most days I feel like I'm at least 45--life has aged me. You?

I am a27 @saltandpepper
yeah i thought you were closer in age to me so that's cool
YEah re: shit together - Somewhat. STill working on that.

Nah @MDT you're doing well mate 👍 and hey you always gotta be workin on it--else you'll wind up like me. Just potatoing about.

Wish I was still 27. Actually no, wish I was still 18 really. But it's not all bad, this magical thing happened when I hit 30, I just stopped caring. Maybe that's why my ex left 🤔 

my 2 step sons are your ages @saltandpepper@MDT Smiley LOL

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance