Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: How to decide whether to let go of something to focus on recovery

@Former-Member  it was a tough decision, but I think you made the right decision. 

Now you make sure you concentrate on getting yourself better  🙂

.....  and then you will have all the opportunities that come from that. 

Good on you for making a hard decision, but one that was right for where you are at the moment.  Proud of you. Not always easy to do, but best in the long run.  👍

Tooky

Im so sorry @Former-Member. It's not fair having depression and anxiety.
But focus on beating this MI & getting as many strategies and techniques in place - so next year you don't have to worry about whether to participate or not.
♥♥♥ Sending hugs

I wish so badly that I could do the things I was doing before, and this one was a special one. I regret making the call already because I'm in pain now but I was before anyway and the idea of getting involved only to end up letting people down was too much of a risk.

My heart is broken because of everything that has happened and it hurts so much. I'm so sick of being let down by myself and it's not fair. It doesn't seem to matter what I do to try and fix it, it just gets worse. It's like there's no way out of this muddle anymore and I have to try and accept that no matter how much I want to get out I'm stuck here in this place that I fought so hard for so long not to get to. This is not what I wanted for my life.

@Former-Member. I hear you. It's not fair. You didn't ask for this ti happen. And no, it's not how you imagined your life.
But it won't be like this forever. You will work through the depression and anxiety. You will find a balance with the right meds, and therapy. It seems like it will last forever. But it's only temporary.
Sending hugs. Be extra kind to yourself today.

@Former-Member  I know what you are saying.  I too went from being able to do so much to something or someone I didn't want to be and not able to do the things I once did.  It's frustrating and highly emotional. It's so so so hard.

The reason I am so proud of you for making the decision you did is that it shows you are realising what it will take to fix this.  That tells me you can fix it.  You just made a massively huge decision, but it was a wise one.  You acknowledged what you need to do to fix this and you did it, even though it was very hard to pull out you did anyhow. You opted for the right thing in the long run, for you. To avoid extra stress while you concentrate on getting through this poo poo doggy doo cr@pola. That's good!!

I'm not sure if I'm saying this clearly, but I just can't tell you how positive I think your decision was. Not because it hurts you to miss out, that is horrible just horrible, but because it shows how wise you are and how determined you are to do what you think needs doing to fix this.

Thank you both. Hoping that with some time this will pass too
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance