Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Former-Member
Not applicable

Re: Growing your Zen Garden

Love your flower pics @cherrybomb and @Former-Member and know what ya mean about 'finding the right spot to plant of pots' - all that decision making lol Better in the ground though. I excelled myself today. Grass needs doing badly so got the shovel and dug out two buckets full of bindi while the ground though as soft. Still worked up a sweat. Got the messy wire & junk onto trailer for next tip trip. Potted a couple plants. Not a good photo but this butterfly and mate were bouncing around me he yard - big beautiful ones

IMG_20170315_171903.jpg

Moving the trailer pinched my back when the little wheel got stuck in soft dirt grr - wasn't thinking. This is the culprit

IMG_20170316_002827.jpg

Anyway, trying to lay down less, little rests then go again. Its all my mess so just have to get on top of it somehow. The garden and yard work is the best though. That's all I got for today. Night xox

Former-Member
Not applicable

Good work @Former-Member. I love that you garden and it's a work in progress. I look forward to more snippets of your garden. 

@Former-Member @Former-Member @Appleblossom @Phoenix_Rising. I too love getting my hands in the dirt. It calms me. It grounds me. Almost meditative.
My two great big vegetable gardens have been neglected since I got sick. Overgrown now with cooch grass. Annoying.
I started cleaning up one of my garden beds last year. Cut out the creeper that was taking over the garden. And the 50 year old rose bush that would scratch the car or attack you when you got out of the car. Far too big for such a small space.
The new plants fit the site better. And as they grow, they will provide nesting sites for the small birds
Former-Member
Not applicable

How are you @utopia, Thats great, what plants did you replace rose bush with? Today I hope to now the lawn, at least half, not a peaceful exercise but worth it. Just gotta debindi my small front lawn. I use to try do housework first but I find being in the garden actually gives me the energy (or 'spirit') to deal with the mundane. Just need reminding with distractions & switching / mood swings to get back to self-care activities. Enjoy today 🙂
Former-Member
Not applicable

IMG_20170316_113440.png

This is one of the flowering clivia I lined the east side of the house with, by the path under the big tree. Found a pile them thrown out at the tip and they separated into x12 freebies, and they all survived. xox

@Former-Member. The plants called Polygala 'Grandiflora'. A south African native shrub. With purple pea like flowers from late winter. I have planted 9 down the side of my driveway. Still need to buy and plant 2 more at the end.
In about 2 or 3 years time it will look great. I plan to trim them regularly to keep the growth tight.

Warning. The plants I mentioned before. The ones I've planted down the side of my driveway - are a declared weed in some states. So shouldn't be planted near coastal or bushland areas.

Hello @utopia, @CherryBomb, @Former-Member, @Former-Member, @Appleblossom

sorry everyone , but I can not upload my picture I wanted to show you

Hello @utopia, @CherryBomb, @TAWNEY, @Teej, @Appleblossom

I love my tree, it flowers all year long Smiley LOL

imgp8145.jpg

@Shaz51. Is that a Tiboshena? (I can't spell)
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance