Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: GRATITUDE

How long a list would you like. I've seen tons of your posts @Glisten .  And everyone here knows 

you have a ton of talent.  That includes a wonderful education.  Try and deny it but it just shows.

Organizational and teaching skills.  You don't think you are top gun in the woman's shed because 

they like Greek mythology. Your general Knowledge is outstanding.  People on here look up to you mate.

You have just had a run of crook cards,  It happens,  and maybe a confidence n motivation problem.

But then . .I'm  not convinced.  You have all these things inside you and just don't know where to put them.   Mmmm ...

That was me.  Then I got savagely desperate. Picking up people n shaking them till the right answers

started falling out.  Even now,  when I ring someone, I say ,   before you go can you give me 3 more names.   Leads generating   leads.      You find the one right,  no bs person,  and then let them surround you with more.  There are people on Sane that cross the street if they see me coming because I was such

a major pain in the asss,  pestering them to help me use a computor and navigate the forum.   @TAB 

taught me to use  You tube,  only last year.  Started with Mr Ed..  He'll tell you.

Men n love have stole your soul. . .  but it'll come back,  with help from solid people.

Time is your currency..   So easy to get side tracked .   I call it profitless volume..  Not one cent anymore,  without a return.  People will say , 

now write down your talents.    Walk out.  Your past that.   You  Know what you have to do.  I know you know..  Just  get up one day n do it.  .  .    Your  friend         tonys..

@tonys Thank you for sharing. You can feel the raw emotions in your words. You have an amazing talent.

Thankyou you so much @Staffy_Mum .  Hope your ducking the heat n feeling good.  

Parden my asking,  but I'm going to take a wild guess and say,   Behind your front door is a large bundle  of teeth n claws that has a few unfortunate burglars and slippers still passing through his digestive system.    Am  I close. .? 🙂   

Have a great day mate..                  tonys..  

@tonys Just read it mate. Privileged. Thank you.

@Glisten What he said.  You have heaps to offer.

@tyme @Staffy_Mum @Shaz51 @StuF and all...

Grateful for the Community too.

Good to come home.

Apple

YES
by William Stafford

It could happen any time, tornado,
earthquake, Armageddon. It could happen.
Or sunshine, love, salvation.

It could, you know. That’s why we wake
and look out — no guarantees
in this life.

But some bonuses, like morning,
like right now, like noon,
like evening.

Aint that the truth of it dimity @Dimity .    You know..       I don't come here often,   but its my favourite thread.

Me and God haven't  quite come to an arrangement forgiving each other yet.    And I've never been in

a  church.    This  is my little church for now..  

A place to be grateful without the expectation of dividends.

Regrets  a worthless currency,   What better place to  spend..

Once  its spent , Cleansed..  its gone.   Then   begins the mend.

Is that what church is like.  speak. . .   no judgements. ?                                                             

Thanks Dimity..  Kind thought to you.  tonys..

I'm with you on that @tonys .

Some churches seem more about judgement than forgiveness. 

One pastor I know seems to think heaven is more about living with divine mercy and peace and light in the here and now.

Dunno, but compassion and tolerance sound good to me. 

So true   @Dimity .   I'm one of these people that wanted to believe,  but they make it too hard.  

I used to think maybe the problem with the church is,  its just run by the wrong humans.   

But then who could you get to run it. . .  the human condition is in all of us.

I found an old bible in a bin once,  and the thing is,   I liked it.    Its just that its in such conflict with 

what my eyes tell me.          Have a beautiful eve Dimity.

Afternoon @Glisten , @Staffy_Mum , @Appleblossom , @Dimity , @tonys , @PinkFlamingo , @Tilz , @RiverSeal , @Jynx , @tyme , @Snowie , @Jacques , @Healandlove , @SmilingGecko 

Screen Shot 2022-10-12 at 9.37.35 pm.png

I am grateful having all my friends here in forumland 

grateful for this morning`s job which was 2 hours but I usually like to clean when noone is home , but not today (3 people were home )and the oldest member remembers me when i was young 

Grateful now the mr shaz can go to bed this afternoon because of this morning 

Thank you for the tag @Shaz51 . So many lovely things to be grateful for 🥰.

I'm grateful for this beautiful community! For your support. For my lovely bookclub and the new friends I have made along the way. I'm grateful for the flexibility of my job.

Grateful to be able to volunteer at my kid's school today.

Sending you all positive hugs and love ❤️ 😍 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance