Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Floatation Tanks - thoughts?

Thanks for everyone’s input @TuxedoCat @Bow @hanami @Krishna @SmilingGecko 

The curiosity is getting to me, so yes, I’ll definitely keep you posted once I take the leap of faith.

Thanks for the word of warning too @SmilingGecko 

@TuxedoCat @Bow , I’d be interested to hear more of your experience/s (or your friend’s experiences).

Thanks everyone,

BPDSurvivor

SAME! I am SO curious. 

My friend would recommend it to people until the cows come home! Is there something in particular you're worried or excited about @BPDSurvivor?

I think everyone responds to the sensory deprivation differently. I think this thread has convinced me to try it, but I might call the place up and just chat through some things (like lights and music) before I go. Just to feel comfy.

You have a right to know what is in the solution in the floatation tank.  As an aside many years ago decided to do colonic irrigation and the clinics used to let people in to survey the premises before going ahead with the procedure. I learned there was such a thing as cross contamination.  I decided not to go ahead with it and use a formula from my naturopath under a supervised colon detox.  Best decision.  The alternate care industry is a bit of the wild west. People think because its modern its safe.  I would ring and ask all kinds of questions before proceding. Don't worry about being a pain in the neck - get your questions answered to be SAFE @BPDSurvivor !!! 💙

Gday @SmilingGecko @TuxedoCat @Bow @hanami @Krishna ,

Well well well. I’ve had my floatation tank experience and am coming back to report.

It is certainly very very relaxing. My muscles are all relaxed and I feel like I’m floating even though it’s been over an hour since I finished my session.

The water looked murky due to the amount of salt and magnesium in it. But once you get in, the glowing light makes it look and feel awesome. You get a silky feeling on your skin.

I didn’t feel claustrophobic even with the lid down. You can have the kid up if you want. The music was great. I asked to have music in the first and last 5 mins of my session - I should have asked for music the whole time.

Did I like it? Yes

Would I go again? Perhaps - the hardest part was being still for so long! I should have booked an evening session so I’d relax and go home to sleep (rather than a morning 10am session).

Overall, it’s definitely something worth trying. All the knots in my muscles and back are gone. I wouldn’t be one to do it all the time, but once in a while for 60 mins would be perfect (actually, i think 45 mins is enough for me).

Enjoy!

BPDSurvivor

Thanks @BPDSurvivor for sharing your experience. Sounds awesome and now you have me googling for one in my local area. I floated briefly in the ocean today @21 degrees so a fresh float but the cold water also soothes my aching muscles but not as relaxing as the air temp was only 16. We're renovating our bathroom at the moment and putting in a bath and I’ve bought some magnesium flakes in anticipation. Happy you had a good experience. Lovely ❤️

Floating in the ocean is awesome @Krishna . I just don’t have that opportunity around where I live. 

But definitely, my muscles feel super relaxed even tonight, even my arthritic joints are not aching in this cold weather. I feel a lot lighter and happier tonight too. Placebo effect? Whatever it is, I’m feeling great. 

BPDSurvivor

I am 😮😮😮😮😮

I LOVE this @BPDSurvivor and these are such practical things to think about. I am 100% going to book one in soon!

Lol @TuxedoCat … well, shall I just say I had such a great sleep last night after my float session that I actually can’t sleep tonight!!! I think I ‘overslept’ last night lol.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance