Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Daily Check In Space

hi @Shaz51 , sorry to hear about your pain and your loved ones. It's testament to your strength that you're still taking the time to fill others' cups.

I'm glad to be able to make it to the carers day out at Redfern. good to chat with service people and other carers alike. feel less alone.

I hope everyone is doing as well as they can.

Hello and hugs @tired_sisyphus , how are you today 

Thanks @tired_sisyphus 

Carers day sounds interesting,  was it good 

@Shaz51 better today. actually I had to go see a (non-clinical) service yesterday, *for myself*. It was a big step to admit that I needed to see someone independent of my loved one. They're very helpful.

Sooo glad that they were helpful @tired_sisyphus xxx

Hi

1. 2

2. I struggle with guilt for my adult addicted son, I can not grasp why:

One thing I do well is be compassionate, and stay connected although sometimes I am afraid of the abuse.

3. Talk to my Grandchildren 😍

Good morning everyone, 

1) How are you feeling? 

You can use a scale of 1-10 (1= really bad , 10= really good), if you would like to.

This morning I want to say that I am feeling a strong 8. I had a very good sleep last night. 

2) What is one thing you have struggled with, and one thing you have done well?

This is a very interesting question and I look forward to answering it. 

One thing I struggled with: I struggled a lot with missing my best friend. My best friend (of 9 years) has been overseas on holiday with her mum and dad for 10 months now. I had a very hard cry over missing her a few nights ago. This is because I haven't seen her once this year in person. 

One thing that I have done well

This is such an easy one to answer also. I believe one thing that I did very well is applying for a new job. I am currently waiting to hear back. 

3) What is one nice thing you can do for yourself today?

I think this will be many things indeed, I don't want to be restricted to one at all.

1. Go to the library 

2. Listen to some music while I study at the library. 

3. Have a shower. 
4. Read. 
5. Write. 

Hello @Jake63 , @Jess1111 , @tired_sisyphus , @Determined , @Smc , @Krishna , @Anastasia , @Scoo 

How are you going today xx 

It is very hot here and looks very stormy-36 degrees here

Going to visit mum in hospital,  taking a umbrella in case 

My hips and back are very sore today and my husband looks had it 

But I am glad we have air-conditioning 

Hi @Shaz51 

Nice to hear from you. I am doing really well today also thank you. 

It is a good idea to take an umbrella! Currently it is raining very heavily off and on for me today and so because of all this rain I am simply choosing to stay indoors. 

Sorry to hear about your hips and back, I hope they feel much better and soon! Maybe it is the weather as I know my best friend is currently down with a cold at the moment. 

@Jake63 hope you are in a flood free area 

Have a few physical problems,  so resting now 

Staying inside sounds good 

Any plans for the weekend 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance