Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Daily Check In Space

@Determinedhow did you go with your FIL?

Hopefully weekend gave you a chance to breathe a little.

Hi @Emily82 

Loneliness is so awful. I remember feeling this way when I was younger. I'm glad you have a loving mum and dad to chat to though. How are things for you this week? 

hugs

Hanami

@tired_sisyphus 

Sorry I did not respond to your earlier question...

Things did not go at all to plan.

FIL took a turn overnight before he was supposed to come home. Still in hospital (although graduated to rehab now) and will be at least another week.

Things are looking positive now but we had a traumatic couple of weeks where we believed he was not going to make it home 😢 

So my 2 weeks break from work that I desperately needed has not been much of a break at all. 

Back to work on Tuesday and looking at my email inbox and online job queue will be hitting the ground running. 😵🥴

Grateful however that things are about as positive as they can be at the moment and Dads significant improvement in health. 

@Determined- sorry took me a while to get on the forum too; I guess when you read this you'd be back at work. Firstly glad to hear there's room for gratitude and that he's doing better.

It sucked that your work break didn't end up being a break. I hear you - almost every time I schedule time away, it never ends up that way. I've even consider work *as* a relief. Which is not good. So I hope by the time you read this you've had a bit of reprieve.

Hello @Mumsy21 , @Leeanne , @tired_sisyphus , @Joonbug , @TuxedoCat , @RiverSeal , @Miley1 , @Romeo , @Shasan , @hanami , @Paperdaisy , @Sirius , @Boo13 , @Trifle79 , @Frankly2 , @timtam00 , @Carlo , @Emily82 , @BPDFamilymember , @ExhaustedCarer , @Jaxta , @Scoo , @LizzieLou , @Tyrone , @Nashagirl75 , @DTrain , @Sunrise9 , @Determined , @Smc , @Ella21 , @Anastasia , @Tinker67 , @Chameleon1 , @flybluebird , @GrevilleaBlooms , @maddison@Rhye@Faith-and-Hope 

How is everyone going today 

Today I am feeling a  5 out of 10 , soo much as happened over the last month , still feeling lots of pains from my big pulled muscle in my back which I went to the hospital as I thought it might of been an infection 

My elderly mum is in residential age care at the hospital now 

Having to cut back on our workload due to my physical problems and my husband mental health 

Hey @Shaz51 I’m also about a 5. Arm aching from several skin cancer removals and stitches tight and giving me pain. Supposed to rest it but hey not as easy as it sounds. Also back problems with a bulged disc so sitting here feeling very sooky lol xxx This too shall pass. Organising family and close friends gathering just before Xmas with travel involved and thinking of my girl and how another Xmas will be spent without her presence. Bitter sweet. Not a very happy mother tonight 😞

Awwww @Krishna - so sorry to hear! 

I wish you a speedy recovery. You have every right not to be a very happy mumma tonight.

Hugs, tyme

Ohh sending you lots of tender hugs my friend @Krishna , hope you feel better soon xx

Hi @Krishna

Sorry to read that you're not feeling so good at the moment. It's understandable that you are feeling a bit sooky. I hope you are having some relief from your back and where you skin cancers were removed from - wishing you a speedy recovery. 

Hope the day is a little kinder to you.

Warm wishes,

FloatingFeather

Hi @Shaz51,

How are you feeling today? I just read your post from yesterday where you said you were feeling about a 5 out of 10. I'm sorry to read this. How is your back today? I hope it's a little better.

How are you feeling about cutting back on your workloads? You and your husband have a lot going on with your back, your mum and your husband's mental health. I wish I could say something that would make it better but please know that I hear you and am sitting with you.

Take care and warm wishes,

FloatingFeather 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance