Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome & getting started

Camf1
New Contributor

Toxic cheating

Hello, 

I am new here but felt I needed an outlet to post. I have been in a relationship for 14 years but for 6 of those I have been cheating on my partner. I have no explanations as to why and always thought I was just toxic and a liar. But this year it came to light that I have borderline personality disorder. Only recently has my partner found out about all my lies and cheating and I feel horrible that I did that. But I also feel like I had no control over myself. I don’t condone what I did and I despise my actions. I just don’t know how to explain to her what I did was all about my own feelings and not her. 

3 REPLIES 3
Bow
Senior Contributor

Re: Toxic cheating

Is your partner sticking by you? If they are, you are lucky. For their sake and your own, please get help. Get into a psychologist, get the support and learn the tools to stop what you are doing and to better understand yourself. 

No she has left me. I have been admitted to a day program for bpd

Hi @Camf1 

It's a good thing you're getting help for your BPD. Is there any chance your partner will forgive you and give your relationship another chance? 

I thought these might be helpful for you to have a read of.

Feel free to visit Raising Awareness of BPD - Flipping the Script 

or

Topic Tuesday// Borderline Personality Disorder Awareness Week 2022: 'See The Person'// Tues 27th Se...

Warmest wishes

Hanami

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance